Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else's sickness improved later than the magic 16w date?

(16 Posts)
BellaCB Tue 02-Aug-11 11:51:33

And there I was, thinking that things would get magically better at 16w wink

I'm not direly sick (I haven't been hospitalised at all) and I know that since 14w I have been a little better - I'm putting on a tiny bit of weight, I'm not throwing up entire meals anymore - but I'm still sick and nauseous and the train journey home in the evening... God... and of course, tired and rather teary with it. I saw the midwife yesterday and apparently I'm in the absolutely best of health!

Can anyone be nice and reassure me that just because I'm still ill at 16w, it does get better and it's not going to last the entire pregnancy? Anyone got suddenly better at, say, 18w?!

Crosshair Tue 02-Aug-11 12:58:30

I feel back to normal at 18 weeks, so there is hope!

OptomisticBiscuit Tue 02-Aug-11 13:05:33

I started getting better at 18 weeks, and had been totally miserable up till then puking 5 times a day and feeling so rotten and exhausted I had 8 weeks off work. I started getting stretches of several hours in the day when I did not feel so wretched, and over the next couple of weeks those stretches got longer until at 20 weeks I was only sick in the morning, and only feeling rotten in the morning and late evening. At 30 weeks I'm still sick every morning, but the rest of the day I'm pretty much normal (yay!). I must admit by 16 weeks I was thinking I'd still be like this at 40 weeks and wanting to just cry (well, actually crying sometimes while kneeling in the bathroom over the loo). Fingers crossed for you that you will keep getting better as the weeks go by.

RunDMC Tue 02-Aug-11 13:16:11

took me til 22 weeks but then it did ease off (I was being sick every night and sometimes in the morning). Was great once it did and I felt like a new woman...

SweetPea99 Tue 02-Aug-11 13:35:56

18/19/20 weeks-ish for me. Hang in there - keep eating often!

Firawla Tue 02-Aug-11 13:42:23

20-22 weeksish for me with my 1st two, after that i was totally fine!

Paschaelina Tue 02-Aug-11 13:43:58

40+8 for me. (sorry)

bmm39 Tue 02-Aug-11 14:01:44

I am 10 weeks pregnant and I am starting to feel better, not 100% but a huge improvement. Is this a good or a bad thing?

TheBossofMe Tue 02-Aug-11 14:20:54

30 weeks for me.

AgBag Tue 02-Aug-11 14:24:01

20-22 weeks for me. Hope you feel better soon!

neolara Tue 02-Aug-11 14:30:22

26 weeks here. Sorry.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Tue 02-Aug-11 14:33:16

Better by 20 weeks, completely gone by 28 - 30 ish for me.

MrsHende Tue 02-Aug-11 14:48:48

I had a pretty grim time at first, and was in hospital for a couple of days but the sickness is very rare now (27 weeks) and was loads better from around 20 weeks.

Don't give up hope! If nothing else, you're more than a third of the way there - and, annoying as it is when everyone tells you this, it really does mean that the baby is healthy and doing well...no matter if you feel like death warmed up.

dribbleface Tue 02-Aug-11 15:25:53

started to feel better at 20 weeks with DS and completely gone by 26 weeks. this time around went magically at 13 weeks so don't let it put you off another baby as it might not be the same!

OrangeGloss Tue 02-Aug-11 16:19:55

I started to feel magically better around 17/18 weeks from whatni remember, definitely after 16 weeks, and it went almost overnight. I started to feel queasiness on and off around 30 weeks but nowhere near as bad as those early weeks

BellaCB Tue 02-Aug-11 16:36:06

Thanks all smile I'm sure I probably am better now than I was at, say, 9 weeks, but when you still have your head down the loo several times a day and are surgically attached to your anti-nausea meds, it's hard to put some perspective on it all! Let's hope that the next few weeks sees an improvement, if only so that my poor DP can get something else out of me than moaning and snoozing on the sofa!

@bmm39 - I don't see why it should be a bad thing. If coming on Mumsnet shows you anything, its show radically different all of our dates for feeling better are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now