Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

13 weeks pregnant and unable to sleep. Help!!!!!

(4 Posts)
sam1983 Tue 02-Aug-11 11:38:29

Hi an 13 weeks pregnant and for the last 3 weeks have been unable to sleep. I can get to sleep ok but wake up 2-3 hours later and then cant sleep.

Just wonder if there is anyone else who has had this and also does anyone know if i can take anything to help. I have a doctors appt but dont even know if there is much point?

Crosshair Tue 02-Aug-11 12:59:43

Probably sounds abit silly but have you tried going for a wee?

dooscooby Tue 02-Aug-11 13:14:11

I've suffered alot with this too - probably from around 8 weeks as I was waking up feeling really sick and hungry at first. Then it was needing a wee and not being able to get back to sleep. It's really come and gone in phases (I'm 19+5 at the mo). I've tried listening to podcasts which help me get back after a few hours, I also cut down fluid intake later at night (which seemed to help for a while) and sleep with the window open (not that it makes much difference with the current hot weather!). I also bought a dream geni pillow on others recommendations and although it hasn't meant a good nights sleep every night, it's a lot better than it was and I think the pillow helped.

It's tough as you feel so tired from the pg anyway - I hope it improves for you soon.

sam1983 Tue 02-Aug-11 14:54:25

Not silly crosshair but yeah, tried goin for a wee.

Dooscooby had a wee look at geni pillow so think i will give that a try.

Thanks for your help, hope it gets better soon 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now