Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any advice? 26 weeks pregnant, low lying placenta, bleeding!

(6 Posts)
tootsbaker Mon 01-Aug-11 14:48:45

Hi everyone, this is my first post.
At my 20 weeks scan i was told i have a low lying placenta. I am now 26 weeks and this afternoon have bled a bit. The baby has been very very active today - more so than usual and i do have some discomfort in my abdomen.
Does anyone have any experience of this? or might perhaps know if it is normal?

Bumpsadaisie Mon 01-Aug-11 14:54:05

I had a low lying placenta at 20 weeks and they said to me if you get some bleeding as you get towards 30 weeks, that is common with a low lie.

You should phone the GP/midwife and get it checked, of course.

tootsbaker Mon 01-Aug-11 15:01:31

thank you. Midwife not answering her phone, am waiting for GP to call me back.

PallaviRath Wed 03-Aug-11 22:15:30

Hi dear all,

I am in 26th week pregnancy. At 20th week, my ultrasound showed low lying placenta. At 26th week (today), my ultrasound again showed low lying placenta. So far no bleeding. Any advice pls.

EllieG Wed 03-Aug-11 22:16:34

Did you hear back? Is everything OK?

Folicacid Thu 04-Aug-11 11:42:24

I have a low lying placenta and have bled. Advice was to present to the hospital to get checked out and the policy here that you are kept in for 24 hours minimum. it can be a sign of bleeding internally, so any bleeding so could be checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now