Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cyst?

(6 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 01-Aug-11 12:09:50

Just had my scan, dates are spot on & baby is doing good. Scanner mentioned a cyst on my right ovary that measures 37mm & said I may get pain but didn't seem concerned. Anyone else have this?

ShowOfHands Mon 01-Aug-11 12:16:04

What sort of cyst, did they say? If they sounded completely unconcerned, it's probaby your corpus luteum which is normal, very clever and nowt to worry about.

SandyChick Mon 01-Aug-11 13:55:38

Hi, i have a cyst on my left ovary. It's 4 cm. I'm pregnant with my 2nd dc. I found out I had it about 5 years ago. I don't even know it's there, no problems.

I had a bit of pain around 35 weeks last time i was oregnany but it was only for a few weeks and pain killers helped. The doc put it down to the cyst but couldn't say 100% that it was the cause. It didnt cause any problems or anything for my pregnancy.

Don't worry about it. Just forget its there and enjoy your pregnancy. Congratulations grin

Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 01-Aug-11 22:23:24

Thank you ladies, they didn't tell me what type of cyst & I suffer from polycystic ovaries anyhow but it just sounded big. There was no concern though so I shall just chill out (until some new worry presents itself, lol) x

hawesmead5 Tue 02-Aug-11 09:46:19

Hi there
With my first pregnancy I had a cyst discovered on my first scan that measured 17cm x 9cm. I delivered my baby naturally and had the cyst removed 2 months after my sons birth. It didn't cause any problems during my pregnancy, but did start to hurt at about 35 weeks and i struggled to drive to work (35 mins away). Anyway good luck with your pregnancy smile

brettgirl2 Tue 02-Aug-11 13:47:01

Assuming it is just a normal cyst it should just go. I had one about the same size during my first pregnancy by 20 weeks it had disappeared. I was told I.had a smaller one again this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now