Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+4 Brown Discharge. Is it a show? Or do I need to call MW?

(5 Posts)
hollyw Mon 01-Aug-11 11:27:00

This is my 4th I really should no the answer! The shows I've had before have been more 'slimey' (apologies for the description).

I've been wearing a pad as I've got a cough and I don't trust my bladder and today I've noticed a patch of brown on it.

I've also been getting lots of twinges really low down (cervix maybe) - right down low not around my stomach.

Does it sound like a show? A little bit of blood is ok isn't it? And it's not bright red or anything.

AKMD Mon 01-Aug-11 12:24:52

Sounds like something might be happening to me smile

As long as you can still feel movements etc. I would just wait for things to progress. If nothing more has happened in 24 hours, I would call my MW for a chat about what to do next.

Hope everything goes well!

hollyw Mon 01-Aug-11 15:27:50

OMG How embarrassing! 'know' not 'no'.

Haven't had much since and twinges have eased, probably as I'm trying not to do much. Had a busy day yesterday so trying to take it easy today. Inlaws are coming up tomorrow so hoping things don't kick off before then as it will all be easier if they are here to look after the other 3
x

suemz Thu 04-Aug-11 11:48:38

Definitely a show. no need to call midwife. just monitor fetal movements, rupturing of membranes, active bleeding and contractions. you don't sound like you've got long to go though so goodluck. :-)

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 04-Aug-11 12:09:32

That's exactly how my labour with DD1 started! Just like a period bleed which didn't stop. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now