Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this annoy you as well? (a bit tmi)

(9 Posts)
rebecca2011 Sun 31-Jul-11 12:12:28

Hi! I'm not sure if this is just raging pregnancy hormones or not - but can I share with you something that I'm getting really, really annoyed about?

I work five days a week in an office, and one of the problems is I keep having tummy troubles in the mornings, which completely mess with my morning routine, and I can't go to the toilet when I need to before work (constipation).

So I have to, urghh, go at work during the day.

But, every time I'm brave enough to go and give it a try - somebody always comes in and, grrrrr, waits in their cubicle for me to leave before they will go.

It's bad enough being constipated, without having an audience whilst you are trying to have a difficult poo!

We all have to go sometime so why can't people just do what they have to do quickly and leave me in peace?!!

Sorry for my annoyance lol - but do you know what I mean? Any ideas for a solution?

silverangel Sun 31-Jul-11 12:35:48

Ha, they probably want to do a poo too and don't want to wait an audience either! Wait it out, they will have to give in eventuallysmile

LackingNicknameInspiration Sun 31-Jul-11 13:34:35

Is there a disabled loo, or can you go to one further away from your bit of the office?

MsChanandlerBong Sun 31-Jul-11 16:10:43

I have always had a rather tempermental tummy so in my last 2 jobs, when I discovered the toilets were fully enclosed cubicles I was delighted!! (I wonder if I can ask for a tour of the 'facilities' before I accept any future job offers...?)

Looking at this from a different angle, I have started eating bran cereal for breakfast to try and avoid constipation (bran flakes or all bran) and I have to say it really seems to work, plus it has changed my toilet routine (blush good grief!) so that I now tend to go in the evenings... have you thought about trying something like that?

PinkFondantFancy Sun 31-Jul-11 16:26:49

This gets on my nerves too! Especially when they loiter doing their hair or make up or something and you are just willing them to leave already!

I find that if I drink a litre or so of apple juice in the morning, it makes me go in the evenings. Otherwise just go - easier said than done I know but it will soon teach them not to hang around!! grin

OrangeGloss Sun 31-Jul-11 16:57:27

I've started going to the disabled loo instead, no one else uses it. It's so frustrating waiting for them to leave otherwise!

I've resorted to popcorn (MW recommendation) and/or a drop of lactulose

HPonEverything Sun 31-Jul-11 17:21:41

Actimel works for me!

I sympathise though, I hate being listened to (even a number 1), and I don't get why people loiter - they must KNOW that the person in there won't come out til they've gone... surely? hmm Mind you I do sometimes expect everyone to think like me, and I'm slightly odd.

I used to work in a building with a disabled toilet that doubled as the ladies - it was simply MARVELLOUS! Now the ladies loo is adjacent to the kitchen, it's just horrible, I can hear all the kitchen noises so they can surely hear me... Also the flush on the loo is very weak - can't even deal with a bit of tissue - so whoever is microwaving their lunch can hear me flushing 4 or 5 times and knows I'm hanging around waiting for the constant refilling. It's such a drama. I might just get a commode in the office and lock the door grin

rebecca2011 Sun 31-Jul-11 18:52:00

Thanks - glad its not just me!

The disabled loo is just a larger cubicle in the main toilets - so not really an option!

I just can't 'go' if I think people can hear - and having to try to relieve constipation makes it even worse.

I've taken to getting up earlier in the morning so that I can sit on the toilet at home for an extra ten minutes - but my bus goes as 8.30am and at 8.25am I'm still normally on the toilet!

Oeisha Sun 31-Jul-11 21:33:59

Half a glass of prune juice (mixed with smoothie as it tastes GRIM) works for me...
...you'll soon work out how long after consuming you're having the desired results...and can tailor the drinking accordingly.
Old ladies I see at work rely on mince pies for the same reason...and tell me about it when they're unavailable... shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now