Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Putting a newborn to sleep in same room as toddler?

(9 Posts)
Ivortheengine8 Sun 31-Jul-11 12:10:57

Good idea or bad idea?

We live in a two bed place at the moment with two double rooms.
I had planned to sleep in the main bedroom with the new baby and DH could go in the single bed in the other room with DD

The problem is that DH snores really badly so I generally can't sleep in the same room which is why we sleep in different rooms now.
Now I am wondering if I could sleep in the other room with DD (who will be 2 years) when baby arrives and DH can have the main room.
DD has been sleeping through well for a good while now and sleeps through a fair amount of noise but would she manage a newborn crying?

BitzyVonMuffling Sun 31-Jul-11 12:14:17

I wouldn't, more because the toddler might accidentally hurt the baby iyswim. If they wake up and the baby is awake then your toddler might try and play with them (or just whack them, in true toddler style).

notlettingthefearshow Sun 31-Jul-11 20:20:14

Has your husband sought help for his snoring with a doctor? Sounds like this could be a long term problem.

RitaMorgan Sun 31-Jul-11 20:22:46

So you, toddler and newborn in one room and your DH in the other?

banana87 Sun 31-Jul-11 20:25:17

I think I'd be putting DH on the sofa...

Its not realistic to have you, a newborn, and a toddler in the same room.

Ivortheengine8 Sun 31-Jul-11 21:03:54

No he hasnt Rita! It is a long term problem!
The first solution was that the baby comes in with me and DH and leave DD to herself but I will only end up going in the other room anyway most nights as I do now.

Ivortheengine8 Sun 31-Jul-11 21:04:47

We hopefully wont be here long anyway as we are renting at the moment so we should get a bigger place soon.

Flisspaps Sun 31-Jul-11 21:06:31

No, first solution is that DH goes to the Dr, and seeks advice. Then there's a chance you might be able to get back on your own bedroom, baby goes in there with you and DD stays in her own room.

If not, he goes on the sofa (which will probably encourage him to see the GP), baby in with you, DD still in on her own.

Flisspaps Sun 31-Jul-11 21:07:53

And start booting DH onto the sofa now - you're pregnant and need a decent night's sleep, DD is growing and needs a decent night's sleep (so he can't bunk in with her and risk waking her up)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now