Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp reoccurring pain under left breast any idea what it is?

(11 Posts)
reddaisy Sat 30-Jul-11 20:55:07

I am 32 weeks pregnant and over the last few days I have been getting a very sharp pain under my breast which takes my breath away. Any idea what it could be?

candr Sat 30-Jul-11 21:16:39

Could be baby's foot, had some of those myself where it felt like it was trapping a nerve?

reddaisy Sat 30-Jul-11 21:20:38

Maybe candr, I don't feel like the baby is moving at the same time though IYSWIM but it does feel like a trapped nerve or something and it is a sharp pain that isn't a flash of pain, it lasts a bit longer than that.

sevendwarves Sat 30-Jul-11 21:23:54

I don't want to worry you as it's probably not but it could be a sign of HELLP syndrome. Please ring your MW or antenatal unit and get it checked out just in case.

G1nger Sat 30-Jul-11 21:24:52

I'd go with the baby too. Guess they could do a scan if it gets worse/remains a problem...

reddaisy Sat 30-Jul-11 21:25:14

What is HELLP syndrome?

sevendwarves Sat 30-Jul-11 21:28:17

It's a severe form of pre-eclampsia, I only know about it because my friend had it. As I said it's probably not but I'd personally want to get it ruled out.

JenniL1977 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:30:27

Reddaisy, has your mw said at any of your checks that your blood pressure is high, or that you've got any proteins in your urine?
If so, please call your antenatal ward and go in and get checked. You may have HELLP or be starting with preeclampsia. I don't want to worry you but it's much better to be sure.
It could just be baby's foot though smile

reddaisy Sat 30-Jul-11 21:35:37

No high blood pressure or protein in urine but I did forget to take a sample with me at the last check a few weeks ago and the mw didn't have time to wait for me to do one.

Thanks for the advice, it is always better to be safe than sorry with these things. I will ring the antenatal unit now to see what they say.

reddaisy Sat 30-Jul-11 22:10:57

Been told to go and see my GP on Monday if it is still happening then so I guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks for all the replies.

nannyl Sun 31-Jul-11 00:04:47

I agree..... babies foot

im 34 weeks and have had it for the last 3 weeks.... and even right at this moment in time, actually. Ouch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now