Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nub theory or knob theory!?

(19 Posts)
danio7 Sat 30-Jul-11 20:42:17

what do you all think of the nub theory?!

according to the research you can tell the sex of your baby with 86% accuracy from the 12week scan photo. I think it's fascinating but probably crap.

We don't know the sex of our baby but according to the Theory it's a boy. My due date is in 3 weeks so I will know soon enough. Has anyone had correct or incorrect nub predictions?!

Just curious wink

Ivortheengine8 Sat 30-Jul-11 20:45:15

I don't know what the theory is but I would be interested to know as ours had its legs crossed at the 20 week scan sad

ShowOfHands Sat 30-Jul-11 20:47:59

grin The angle of the dangle.

Plenty of places will tell you at 12 weeks now. It is possible to see with improved ultrasound machines.

Ivortheengine8 Sat 30-Jul-11 20:55:26

Really wow, so shall I go and get out my scan picture so we can compare? grin

I had DD 2 years ago so I could compare the two scan pictures!
What do you think yours is?

danio7 Sat 30-Jul-11 20:55:56

Ivor- http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

What was your angle showofhands?

danio7 Sat 30-Jul-11 20:57:14

Oh my god ivor so exciting, let us knowmif it's accurate!

Macaroona Sat 30-Jul-11 20:57:55

At my 12wk scan she pointed out the angle of the pelvic bone and that it meant it was probably a girl - is that ' knob nub theory' then?

Dunno if she was right, 20wk scan next week.

Ivortheengine8 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:02:36

I wish we could post pics on here then you could share them sad

.............I'm off to get mine out!

Oeisha Sat 30-Jul-11 21:09:10

Well, unless Yolkis had a leg-length penis and was missing 1 leg, who knows...there was a lot of breakdancing and legs being in the way...don't think I want to know, so I hope it's not too obvious...else some sod will just blurt it out to us. Sonographer was so pleased with how clear our 12wk scan was she wanted a copy herself (not seen any other signs of stalking), for her files?! Though one guy at work did ask "what is it?" [as in WTF am I looking at] when I showed him the scan...had to literally trace round the head and nose, arms and feet (or was it an odd shaped penis?!)

G1nger Sat 30-Jul-11 21:22:06

I got mine right. But who knows? It was 50:50 I would smile

licoriceGreen Sat 30-Jul-11 21:23:45

Nub theory worked out for us, it said we're having a girl. it was confirmed at the 20week scan and at our 4d scan.

Crosshair Sat 30-Jul-11 21:27:14

Got a girl nub, find out in 3 weeks. smile

Ivortheengine8 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:28:36

so the girl nub points down doesnt it?
Was correct with dd but I can't make it out on this time scan pictures as they are not as good.

Mum2be79 Sun 31-Jul-11 10:20:51

Haven't a clue about mine! I think it's the angle of the baby that's 'spoiling it'. Clearly some bits are there, but hard to distinguish the 'angle'. I know what to look for at 20 weeks which is just as well as DH doesn't want to know!

hollyw Sun 31-Jul-11 13:50:56

Mine worked out right and I looked at a friends scan photo and it worked out for hers too.

danio7 Sun 31-Jul-11 18:34:08

Oooh I might start to buy more blue clothes then! Only 3 weeks and I can let you all know. Our nub is not clear unless pointed out but definitely a boys nub

kri5ty Mon 01-Aug-11 07:47:46

I wish i had heard about this theory earlier!!

I have just had my 20 week scan (boy), and when i have just compared my 12 week scan to that website it also shows a boy!!!

Macaroona Thu 11-Aug-11 20:28:03

Well folks I had my 20wk scan today and after a confident scan person telling me it was a girl @ 12 weeks, turns out it's definitely a boy! We were quite psyched up for a girl, chose a name and everything, so back to square one confused

Tho DH found something online saying a new blood test can tell gender as early as 7 weeks smile

marthamay Mon 12-Sep-11 12:44:38

Hmmm....have three weeks past yet?!
Well....*danio and crosshair*....did the 'nub theory' work?????

I've just had my 12 week scan, everything ok, phew, looks like an upwards pointing boy nub.

I'll update in 8 weeks time to see if the theory proved true!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now