Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Moving with bump to Aylesbury/Buckingham way - need advice...

(5 Posts)
Tiggy12 Sat 30-Jul-11 08:13:52

Anyone know what is a good area to live around Aylesbury or Buckingham? Not sure about schools or which of the villages are nice/have good communities for new mums. All a bit of a mindfield at the mo.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sat 30-Jul-11 08:16:28

What made you choose those 2 places? Aylesbury is a large town and Buckingham not so big.

One of the things with living in a village is that you have to travel for schools and when it comes to secondary schools you may have a problem as some are rubbish and others are great.

Tiggy12 Sat 30-Jul-11 08:24:10

Its equal distance between my work and my husbands. We are looking at any of the market towns, villages between those two really. I wont know many people locally so was hoping to find somewhere with a really nice community/village feel but am worried about being a bit isolated.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sat 30-Jul-11 10:52:54

have you looked at Princes Risborough? good schools, lovely community all very pleasant.

apples82 Sat 30-Jul-11 16:39:21

Hello,

And an early welcome to the area. I moved to Buckingham three years ago, lived there for a year, and then moved to Tingewick which is the next village over.

Buckingham is a lovely market town, has good supermarkets, local shops, cafes and local services. We liked living there, although we were only there the year as we were renting.

We moved then to the next village over, Tingewick, which I love. It has lovely houses, a post office/shop, primary school, two pubs and a duck pond smile.

If you would like further info on local villages, towns then message me and i'll tell you what I know about each of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now