Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just had a complete meltdown and now very worried what I've done to my baby :(

(10 Posts)
QueenCee Fri 29-Jul-11 16:46:40

DH and I have just had one hell of a row.... Well I screamed at him for about half an hour.
I currently have an 8 month old DD and am 10+4 with DC2.
I'm so tired all the time.... I constantly feel awful, I constantly look like shit because I'm so exhausted.
I never ever get a break and feel I'm at breaking point.
So today I've totally gone crazy at DH and for the first time in my life actually felt I had lost control.
I was like some crazed woman screaming so loud I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
Now I know this all seems very dramatic but I can't explain how drained I am.
I'm now very worried I'm going to have caused a problem with the baby and maybe cause a miscarriage. Everyone says stress is bad for the baby and this was an entirelly new level of stress.
Do you think this may have caused a problem?

suzikettles Fri 29-Jul-11 16:50:04

No. I really, really don't think this will have caused a problem with the baby.

You poor thing - is there any way you can get a break and recharge your batteries for a few hours? Can dh take dd out tomorrow morning and give you breakfast in bed and a proper lie in?

Hopefully this will have shaken him up a bit and made him realise he has to pull his weight with dd & let you rest.

glitternanny Fri 29-Jul-11 16:53:02

I don't think you'll have harmed your baby!

I had a major panic attack and took Valium at 4w not realising I was pregnant.

I've had a couple of meltdowns since and at 24w bubba is kicking away.

Please try not to worry.

Hope you and oh are better now x

dribbleface Fri 29-Jul-11 16:53:42

Don't worry I'm sure baby is just fine. you on the other hand need some rest! i second sending DH out tomorrow with little one. if he's anything like my DH it takes me to loose it before he takes me seriously. only happened twice and by no coincidence both time i have been pregnant!

QueenCee Fri 29-Jul-11 16:54:26

I think it has shaken him up Suzi he's taken DD for the afternoon but to be honest I feel like I need a week away to recharge!!!
Thank you for the reassurance.... I'm not normally worried over these things but this was one hell of melt down!!!

QueenCee Fri 29-Jul-11 16:56:29

Yes me too dribbleface my meltdowns are always when I'm pregnant... He better never mention my hormones though as that would probably set me off again!!

dribbleface Fri 29-Jul-11 17:01:10

My Dh says 'it's all right i understand'! it makes me want to kill him honestly! nice bath, cup of tea and chocolate biscuits for you and rest up!

QueenCee Fri 29-Jul-11 17:12:16

That sounds like a wonderful idea dribbleface I had such romantic ideas when I was PG with DD of life being this picture of family serenity.... The truth is, it's harder work than anyone can ever ever explain to you and has totally knocked me for six!
Maybe we should have left a bigger gap between the 2! Too late for that now I guess!

grubbalo Fri 29-Jul-11 18:02:07

Oh you daft thing, the baby will be fine... think about in caveman days when people had to run away from wild animals, we still survived as a race!

You on the other hand need a nice sit down / bath / cup of tea (or even... dare I say it... a glass of wine) to relax a bit. And yes, a small gap is hard work but will pay off...!!

dribbleface Fri 29-Jul-11 18:05:18

We left 3 years between this one (due Oct) and DS, which might make things easier but thing is we have just got back to some sort of normality, and he sleeps 12hrs a night etc so I can't contemplate doing it all again. So at least you will get it all out the way in one it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now