Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this a show? (TMI alert)

(10 Posts)
ButterflySally Fri 29-Jul-11 16:36:04

Hello all

I am currently 40+6 weeks and starting to go mad waiting for the baby to arrive. I had a membrane sweep at 40+4 (i.e. 2 days ago) and midwife said there was some show on her gloves after the sweep.

This morning, I went to the toilet and felt something drop out of my vagina (it felt how I would imagine the mucus plug would feel). I could see something in the toilet but couldn't really make out what it was due the the other contents in the toilet blush. Upon wiping, there was mucus/bloody mix. There was still some old blood (presumably from the sweep the other day) but also some, what I thought to be, newer-looking blood.

Sorry to go into so much detail but is this a show?? I also had a mad cleaning frenzy this morning. Is baby possibly on it's way?? (Or is my desperation to give birth resulting in merely wishful thinking??)

Huffythetantrumslayer Fri 29-Jul-11 17:09:09

It sounds like one. I give it 24 hours til you go into labour grin

QueenCee Fri 29-Jul-11 17:14:18

Definately sounds like a show... I had mine in the morning and was in labour later that evening! Good luck!

MrsTittleMouse Fri 29-Jul-11 17:17:19

Sounds exactly like a show. smile Mine was like an enormous piece of snot with pink and brown streaks, if that helps. grin

I had mine on the Friday and didn't deliver until Monday evening, though. So make sure that you get plenty of rest.
<wags finger sternly> smile

ButterflySally Fri 29-Jul-11 19:09:29

Thank-you, ladies. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will start in earnest soon :D

corneliak Fri 29-Jul-11 20:55:32

Mine was exactly snot+blood, not too much, had my daughter 4 hours later lol

ButterflySally Sat 30-Jul-11 11:44:21

Well, 24 hours on from the show and nothing - no twinges, no waters breaking, just good old Braxton Hicks (which have been happening for awhile anyway).

I am now 41 weeks and getting so frustrated with waiting!!! To make matters worse, I can't get hold of the midwife to book my second sweep. Am in a foul mood at the moment - I think DP is actually hiding from me shock. Wish I could have a large glass of wine....actually make that a bottle....even though it's only 11.30am! Will settle for decaf coffee and a deep breath instead.

Moan over...sorry.

QueenCee Sat 30-Jul-11 18:28:23

Oh poor you butterfly.
Any update from this morning?

ButterflySally Sat 30-Jul-11 18:33:33

No update sad It must have just been the mucus plug with blood left over from the sweep.

greenzebra Sat 30-Jul-11 19:27:57

I lost my mucus plug and the braxton hicks all afternoon, then eased off a bit then went into labour and had the baby 4 hours later. So it cold still happen. fx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now