Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

As no-one wants my birthing ball on here, any ideas what I can do with it?

(20 Posts)
Bogeyface Fri 29-Jul-11 00:35:55

Dont tell me to use it for post birth exercise, as I will laugh my ass off grin

So, happy for someone to collect it but as no one seems to want it, any ideas what I can do with it? Where would it be useful? I dont want any money for it, but I would like to see it put to better use than it currently is which is being chucked around the conservatory by the kids!

MrsShrekTheThird Fri 29-Jul-11 00:46:47

could give you lots of ridiculous ideas... my dc have one in the garden and try to use it as a handsfree spacehopper hmm
failing that... and quite seriously now, I work in SEN education and we're always begging for this sort of stuff, as exercise balls for children with physical disability or movement issues. Maybe either contact a local group, sen gym club, school voluntary group or charity to donate, or check out the special needs board on here?

piprabbit Fri 29-Jul-11 00:53:55

I was going to say save it for when your DC is toddling as my DS loves playing with the exercise balls at the local 'mini-gym' session he goes too.

But now I'm worried that MrsShrek will laugh at me - although her idea for the SEN group is so definitely better than my contribution.

dikkertjedap Fri 29-Jul-11 00:56:49

Donate to a hospital?

MrsShrekTheThird Fri 29-Jul-11 01:01:27

pipa, don't you dare think I'm sensible shock

Giving it to the toddler to use as a fairground is waaayyyy more entertaining grin

rooks14 Fri 29-Jul-11 01:03:26

Gumtree! People are very weird about private info on here, only takes a few mins to stick it on gumtree!

piprabbit Fri 29-Jul-11 01:06:27

There are moments when it's a bit like a Scooby Doo episode.

First shot of DS chasing oversize ball across gym.

Second shot of ball chasing DS back again. grin.

MrsShrekTheThird Fri 29-Jul-11 01:16:13

can picture it... heehee (if you can imagine a seven year old in a footie kit using a mahoosive blue gymball as a handsfree spacehopper, usually holding his own ears as the gymball doesn't have any hmm then you get the idea of what my neighbours see. Insanity central.)

piprabbit Fri 29-Jul-11 01:23:24

'holding his own ears' - seriously??

Love it grin.

Bogeyface Fri 29-Jul-11 01:27:12

ooh, now I am torn!

On the one hand I would like to donate it somewhere useful as MrsShrek suggested but on the other hand, wating 18 months for a live ScoobyDoo is very tempting grin

piprabbit Fri 29-Jul-11 01:31:04

I think you should save it for the live Scooby Doo followed by the more mature human spacehopper and then donate it.

Everyone wins.

Solo Fri 29-Jul-11 01:32:45

There are always people on freecycle/freegle asking for them.

MrsShrekTheThird Fri 29-Jul-11 01:32:54

so when we see ticket opportunities for "scoobydoo live" coming to a town near you very soon, we'll know who the star of the show will be? You could make a fortune. And you will piss yourself laughing, then you will wish you'd used it for the post-baby exercises that it was meant for wink

piprabbit Fri 29-Jul-11 01:36:45

MrsShrek - replace your DS's football kit with this outfit.

Bogeyface Fri 29-Jul-11 01:51:51

Whilst I agree in theory with piprabbit having 6 kids means that if I save it for live Scooby, it wont last until hands free Space Hopper grin

Perhaps I should compromise and as soon as we get Scooby, I donate it!

MrsShrekTheThird Fri 29-Jul-11 01:55:04

Pip, perfecto grin

and Bogeyface, you really oughta keep it. In fact, you should call your newborn Scooby.

Bogeyface Fri 29-Jul-11 02:34:18

My username on every other website is actually Scoobydoo, and I was gutted I couldnt have it MN as it was taken! So I am going to take the hint grin

Bogeyface Fri 29-Jul-11 02:34:55

couldnt have it ON MN

idlevice Fri 29-Jul-11 05:59:03

At baby & toddler gym classes they use them for various "exercises" with the child, like lying the child on them & rolling side to side, as apparently it is good firstly for developping eye muscles in younger babies then things like balance & core muscles - you could probably look up what to do if you were that interested, but it'd be a bit of a pain to keep it for a few mins play now & then.

melliebobs Fri 29-Jul-11 08:53:41

Virgin active do a team buildin/exercise class called 'drums alive' and they use the Swiss balls as the drum. Problem solved! Get some sticks and on days your a hit pent up have a drum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now