Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Feeling sick and loss of appetite again at 31 weeks

(5 Posts)
PinkFondantFancy Thu 28-Jul-11 19:57:45

I was just wondering if anyone else had this? I'm 31 weeks and it feels like it did back in the 1st trimester - just don't feel like food and have an underlying nausea most of the day, and especially in the evenings. It's making it very hard to eat anything vaguely healthy as I just don't feel like cooking, let alone eating much.

OrangeGloss Thu 28-Jul-11 22:19:47

Pink sorry to hear it's starting up again, mine did too at around that time, not sick just feeling queasy. It's eased off a bit now at 33+4, but is worse when I'm tired. The only thing that helps is a couple of Haribo-type sweets for some reason, which I was craving but sweet fruit like an entire punnet of strawberries seemed to do the same job

otchayaniye Thu 28-Jul-11 22:32:33

Sorry to hear about this. I have sickness (not hypermesis) but vomiting throughout both pregnancies. Grim nausea all the time faded at about 20 weeks and I would only throw up after larger meals. However, at about 33 weeks the nausea on and off and on waking has returned.

I can't even do 'little and often' as 'little and often' sets it off.

I can only eat fruit really. The odd slice of toast and half portions of lighter meals. Nothing really sugary or I throw up straight away.

Horrible, isn't it.

One benefit is that I've only put on 10lbs and am 37 weeks

PinkFondantFancy Fri 29-Jul-11 08:23:28

Otch sounds like youve got it much worse than me sad I know what you mean about the little and often-sometimes I think I feel sick because I'm hungry but then when I eat it is worse. Toast and fruit are good for me too-I have put on a lot more than 10lb but that's probably because haribo and peanut butter on toast are my things at the mo grin

lucindapie Fri 29-Jul-11 13:18:38

this happened to me too, I had assumed that after sickness went away in 2nd trimester, it would not come back. Like you I also had it worse in evening, and find that when I'm tired I feel more sick and much more reluctant to eat healthy food. I try as hard as I can to have a healthy breakfast and lunch, and then by evening resort to my first trimester diet of pizza and chips. I find resting is the best thing to help stop the naseua, and also don't feel guilty for eating unhealthy, I wasted so much time having guilt in the first trimester about my diet, but now just take my vitamins, and eat whatever I can stomach!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: