Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling sick and loss of appetite again at 31 weeks

(5 Posts)
PinkFondantFancy Thu 28-Jul-11 19:57:45

I was just wondering if anyone else had this? I'm 31 weeks and it feels like it did back in the 1st trimester - just don't feel like food and have an underlying nausea most of the day, and especially in the evenings. It's making it very hard to eat anything vaguely healthy as I just don't feel like cooking, let alone eating much.

OrangeGloss Thu 28-Jul-11 22:19:47

Pink sorry to hear it's starting up again, mine did too at around that time, not sick just feeling queasy. It's eased off a bit now at 33+4, but is worse when I'm tired. The only thing that helps is a couple of Haribo-type sweets for some reason, which I was craving but sweet fruit like an entire punnet of strawberries seemed to do the same job

otchayaniye Thu 28-Jul-11 22:32:33

Sorry to hear about this. I have sickness (not hypermesis) but vomiting throughout both pregnancies. Grim nausea all the time faded at about 20 weeks and I would only throw up after larger meals. However, at about 33 weeks the nausea on and off and on waking has returned.

I can't even do 'little and often' as 'little and often' sets it off.

I can only eat fruit really. The odd slice of toast and half portions of lighter meals. Nothing really sugary or I throw up straight away.

Horrible, isn't it.

One benefit is that I've only put on 10lbs and am 37 weeks

PinkFondantFancy Fri 29-Jul-11 08:23:28

Otch sounds like youve got it much worse than me sad I know what you mean about the little and often-sometimes I think I feel sick because I'm hungry but then when I eat it is worse. Toast and fruit are good for me too-I have put on a lot more than 10lb but that's probably because haribo and peanut butter on toast are my things at the mo grin

lucindapie Fri 29-Jul-11 13:18:38

this happened to me too, I had assumed that after sickness went away in 2nd trimester, it would not come back. Like you I also had it worse in evening, and find that when I'm tired I feel more sick and much more reluctant to eat healthy food. I try as hard as I can to have a healthy breakfast and lunch, and then by evening resort to my first trimester diet of pizza and chips. I find resting is the best thing to help stop the naseua, and also don't feel guilty for eating unhealthy, I wasted so much time having guilt in the first trimester about my diet, but now just take my vitamins, and eat whatever I can stomach!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now