Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Getting worried. Almost 19wks and period pain all day

(12 Posts)
jenjins Thu 28-Jul-11 18:46:29

This started this morning with low back ache too. My third pregnancy and not had before. Spoke to midwife briefly who said if worsens or bleeding to go straight to labour ward. I have no bleeding and it hasn't worsened, its just persisted all day.

Has anyone else experienced this and why does it happen. Have felt baby move today. Thanks....

PinkFondantFancy Thu 28-Jul-11 19:28:35

I had this around 24 weeks-called the MDAU and I went in for monitoring and all was well. I haven't had it since. In my case I think it might have been my bowels confused but it didn't feel like that at the time. Do you have any burning when you pee-could it be a UTI? I think I'd go to the labour ward tomorrow even if it hasn't worsened just so you can get checked out and reassured.

dribbleface Thu 28-Jul-11 19:45:36

had this at 27 weeks. went in assessment, was irritable uterus. if you worried go in. try not to panic though. let us know how you get on.

banana87 Thu 28-Jul-11 19:53:49

Where is the pain? Is it high or low?

jenjins Thu 28-Jul-11 20:05:51

The pain is low down and i know its not ligament stretching because i have had that already and its settled now. This is definitely period type pain but the pain now is more in lower back. Am the queen of urine infections and its not that.

Think i might give labour ward a call now. Thanks....

dribbleface Thu 28-Jul-11 20:29:27

yep think you should do. hope all is ok, should give you reassurance if nothing else.

PinkFondantFancy Thu 28-Jul-11 20:31:09

Let us know how you get on. I know it's hard but try not to panic.

jenjins Thu 28-Jul-11 21:25:27

Spoken to labour ward and very nice midwife said if no bleeding or strong pain, not to worry too much but if persists all day tomorrow to go and get baby listened to etc.

I did mention to her that yesterday i was so constipated and struggling like mad on the toilet and i did think, surely this cant be good and maybe this could have all aggravated it being all in close proximity. Said its possible that it could have started the pain.

Had nice bath and about to take some paracetamol and go to bed. Fingers crossed that tomorrow is better.

Thank you all for you messages xx

Oeisha Thu 28-Jul-11 21:55:24

Prune juice is good for controlled relief of constipation.
I know my IBS presents as uterine pain...for ages they thought I had PID or endometriosis but no, "just" IBS, so it could just be this...
..however, if I were you, I'd be winging my way to hospital tomorrow.
Good luck xxx

banana87 Thu 28-Jul-11 21:59:20

I had/have this too, and it's also low. I asked my consultant and he said it IS ligament stretching as your uterus is high now, therefore unrelated to contractions. Remember you are still growing so ligament pain will come and go. I suffer lower back ache most days too sad

Mum2be79 Fri 29-Jul-11 10:40:18

17 weeks and 5 days and I have had this all week - very low down above pubic area. Worse on walking and lying on back. It relieves itself on sitting with back tilted and lying on my sides in bed. I'm convinced it's ligaments because I tend to get these (and period type pains every few days on and off). My lower abdomen is beginning to harden now which is my womb moving further up.

try not to worry. x

dooscooby Fri 29-Jul-11 11:37:07

Weird - I was 19 weeks yesterday and got period type pains like you mention all day (haven't had this before in this pg). Later in the day it moved to pain in my left side and back, low down but then moving further up and it's still there today.
I've just finished anti-bios for a UTI (which I didn't know I had until testing). I assumed the pain was some kind of stretching but it is a bit worrying. Didn't have much movement yest but lots in the night and this morning so hopefully that's a good sign.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now