Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone found out the sex in the UK before 16 weeks?

(13 Posts)
nappyaddict Thu 28-Jul-11 17:23:25

When I had the 12 week scan with DS she asked me if I wanted to know but his legs were crossed. I didn't think they usually told you until 16 weeks.

candr Thu 28-Jul-11 17:52:09

We were told after asking it was a boy at 12 week scan but think she must have been very confident as most won't say that early. Every scan after that has confirmed it is a boy.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Thu 28-Jul-11 18:30:40

My friend was told girl @ her 12 wk scan & this has just been confirmed @ her 20 wk one. I have my 12 week scan Monday so am interested to see if they can tell them but would probably wait for confirmation later on x

BlameItOnTheBogey Thu 28-Jul-11 18:33:29

I was told at 12 weeks scan that I was having a boy. They were right.

VampiresReflection Thu 28-Jul-11 18:35:47

We found out. We were under a consultant though for specific care. They were scanning us for ages (looking for signs of our condition) then they flipped the machine into 4D and there was no mistaking it was a boy. smile

I asked the sonographer if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing and she responded "there is no denying that!"

FirstTimeMummyToBe Thu 28-Jul-11 20:02:02

I was told at my 12 week scan that she THOUGHT it was a boy but not to buy anything as to early to tell for sure!

I knew she was sure though or she wouldn't have said anything. Although still never bought anything. I am 23+1 and at my 20 week was told for certain that its a boy smile

They won't say anything unless they are sure and even then not for definite this early just incase so that nothing can go back to them!

nappyaddict Thu 28-Jul-11 23:35:32

Those that have been told at the 12 week scan did you ask if you could find out or did they ask you if you wanted to know?

befuzzled Thu 28-Jul-11 23:39:08

I was told all 3 of mine at 12 week scans with caveat that it was professional opinion not the more definite are the bits there or not you get at the 20 week scan. All were correct (5 different scans and sonographers), all were boys.

All 5 of course asked me if I wanted to know, most I mentioned can you tell me what you think first.

befuzzled Thu 28-Jul-11 23:40:17

Last one was 11 weeks and 2 days!

Macaroona Thu 28-Jul-11 23:55:22

At my 12wk scan she asked if we wanted to know, and we said yes, she said she thought 60% sure it was a girl due to the angle of the pelvis, which I didn't know was a factor. She pointed out where she meant but there were no bits of course.

20wk scan next week, we're sure she wouldn't have said anything if she wasn't sure so will be a shock if it's a boy!

sazm Fri 29-Jul-11 00:08:08

we were told at our 22 week scan we were def having a girl - we had a boy!

Sandra2011 Sat 30-Jul-11 18:06:10

I had a private NT scan at 12 weeks and I was told baby is a boy. I kind of spotted his little parts and asked if it's true.

At 20 weeks NHS scan this was confirmed. By the it was really clear.

kri5ty Mon 01-Aug-11 07:58:47

i have only just found out about the "nub theory" which shows how you can tell from the 12 week scan...

I have just had my 20 week scan and its a boy... i have just looked at my 12 week photo and it also shows its a boy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now