Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Used moses basket mattresses

(6 Posts)
TooTiredtoGoogle Thu 28-Jul-11 16:36:15

What do you do with them?

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 28-Jul-11 16:47:15

Our old one is wipe-clean so planning to use it either as an extra changing mat, or a kneeling pad whilst nappy-changing on the floor, which I found to be the best solution with DD1!

icravecheese Thu 28-Jul-11 16:49:09

I always use the 2nd hand mattresses as spares - baby usually projectile vomits in the middle of the night at some point during the early weeks, soaking everything thru to the mattress, so in these emergency cases I always keep the 2nd hand mattress to hand for a 3am change of bedding....I figure it shouldnt harm just using it for a few hours max whilst the 'new' mattress dries out a little....

TooTiredtoGoogle Thu 28-Jul-11 18:15:50

Good ideas. Definitely won't just bin them then ... seemed such a waste, which is why I asked the question

nannyl Thu 28-Jul-11 19:00:18

Im keeping my old one as a spare too.

It still seems clean, but if they sick all over it in middle of the night, they can swap mattresses

heathermumof3 Thu 28-Jul-11 21:08:44

FSIDS recomend new mattresses for each child including siblings. Best just to dispose of the old ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now