Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Horrible Upset Tummy at 25 weeks pg - no need to worry though?

(10 Posts)
katherine2008 Thu 28-Jul-11 16:33:33

I am fairly certain I ate something which disagreed with me yesterday (naughty satay sticks from the co-op deli) and have horrible (sorry if TMI) runs and explosive tummy since last night. I just risked a plain sandwich (having been drinking water and lucozade all day) and my stomach now sounds like a volcano exploding. Apart from feeling a bit sorry for myself, there is no need to be concerned about my baby is there - he was kicking around like crazy at lunchtime today? Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 28-Jul-11 16:50:41

Well, I had a 24-hour vomiting bug with Dd1 at 10 weeks and was really scared, but NHS Direct said I would bear the brunt of the bug and the baby would be fine, which she was.

They said to keep hydrated but if you get badly dehydrated, if the bug continues for longer, then you may need medical intervention, a drip to rehydrated you.

Call your midwife in the morning if you're no better. Disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional!

icravecheese Thu 28-Jul-11 17:02:05

I imagine he was kicking like crazy enjoying the lucozade hit!! No need to worry at all... I always get tum bugs when pregnant, I called my midwife during a particularly bad bug during my 2nd preg, she told me that baby takes everything it needs, you end up feeling totally grotty as a result as there is no goodness left for you. As per mrsbloomingtroll, just keep hydrated and rest as much as poss. Its no fun I know but baby should be fine, it'll just be you that suffers. Get well soon xx

katherine2008 Thu 28-Jul-11 17:20:24

Thanks guys - I thought so but wanted to check. Now if I could just get someone to look after DD1 then I could put my feet up!

KatyN Fri 29-Jul-11 11:02:02

I was voilently sick yesterday too (25 weeks).. I don't think it was anythiing I'd eaten.. just got myself worked up and emotional!!

I realised that my little one stopped moving whilst I was chucking up (which suprised me because I was leaning over and he normally kicks when I squash him like that).. but when I was lying down afterwards he gave me a little wiggle to let me know he was still there.

not helpful with your stomach bug.. but just to let you know, the little one might change how he moves while you're struggling!

CBear6 Fri 29-Jul-11 13:29:11

I had a tummy bug earlier in this pregnancy and I was so worried. I rang the MAU and they told me that baby will literally leech whatever it needs from your system and you get left with whatever is leftover (which is why it often takes longer than normal to shake a bug while pregnant).

The main thing is to stay hydrated, they recommended lemonade rather than plain water and I did find that carbonated drinks stayed down better than flat/still ones and the bit sugar helped perk me up a little. Thin broth-style soups will count as a liquid and a food. Some crackers or banana might help but food isn't so much of a priority as liquids.

If it keeps up for more than 24hrs then I was told to see my GP to get checked over.

Hope you feel better soon!

dribbleface Fri 29-Jul-11 13:37:48

had terribble tummy bugs at 6 weeks with DS1 and 8 weeks with DC2 (due Oct). Both times baby fine but i was wiped out afterwards. This time my mum brought me old fashioned arrowroot bisuits and it really helped. You can have diroyite in pregnancy too i seem to remember (but please check) to help with hydration.

Hope you feel better soon.

katherine2008 Fri 29-Jul-11 19:40:50

Thank you - I managed another sandwich at lunchtime and am on the mend. It's rubbish being ill when you are already heaving round a huge lump in your tummy. Hope that you are all doing well x

MrsBloomingTroll Sat 30-Jul-11 08:01:27

Hooray! Glad to ehar you're feeling better!

MrsBloomingTroll Sat 30-Jul-11 08:01:45

Hear, obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now