Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Taking a fan to the delivery room?

(7 Posts)
rooks14 Thu 28-Jul-11 15:00:09

When I was in hospital with bad kidneys in summer 08 I thought i was going to die of the heat! Since all the others on the ward were old ladies that fee the cold I was so overheated it was horrible. In the end my mum bought me a fan (like a mid size desk fan). Will I look like an idiot taking it into hospital for the baby? I hate the thought of being that hot in labour!

CBear6 Thu 28-Jul-11 15:05:42

Contact the delivery ward where you're booked (if you're not going on their tour) because most of them have fans in the rooms already.

Cattleprod Thu 28-Jul-11 15:07:14

I found those 'Cool and Soothe' sheets that you stick to children's foreheads when they have a fever were really good. They make you feel much cooler and you don't have to faff around with wet flannels etc.

The hospital may well have fans in the labour rooms - call and check before you lug yours all the way to hospital!

kenobi Thu 28-Jul-11 15:08:34

I thought you meant an admirer grin sounds like a good idea to me. might be worth checking about plug access on ward though.

Graciescotland Thu 28-Jul-11 15:15:39

It was fine in delivery room, air conditioned, but so hot in postnatal. I'd save a fan for then.The hospital had them but in limited amounts so as soon as a patient left someone would be over to grab the fan.

Malvapoeding Thu 28-Jul-11 15:18:44

You may not be allowed to plug your own fan in unless it is approved by the hospital electrical dept. first. We were not allowed to plug anything in the delivery suite at all and upstairs the MW's turn a blind eye to phones and laptops but anything bigger and we were asked to unplug it.

Our delivery suite had fans anyway.

PeggyCarter Thu 28-Jul-11 15:24:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now