Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In limbo...

(3 Posts)
Lulu57 Thu 28-Jul-11 14:17:37

I am 9weeks+2 or so I thought... I started to bleed bright red (not a lot though) yesterday afternoon and passed a clot. The bleeding stopped quickly and I haven't had any bleeding since. I rang the midwive yesterday who immediately booked me in for an early scan. I had it this morning. The consultant did a vaginal scan and then concluded that my sac was only 6 weeks and he couldn't detect a heartbeat. He said it didn't look good but he booked another scan for in a week's time in case something develops by then. The fact that I am not bleeding anymore and haven't got any cramping or pains doesn't mean anything as I can still be miscarrying. I am in total limbo and feel like I am sitting around waiting for the miscarriage to happen... I miscarried last year too, although in that case, I just bled heavily right from the start, so within 24 hours the miscarriage was diagnosed and dealt with (D&C). I have one beautiful daughter with whom when I was pregnant I was bleeding and passing clots for like 2 weeks. I feel completely lost and numb and don't know what to do with myself. I know that I need to expect the worst now... Don't know if anyone has been through something similiar but I needed to write it all down. I am devastated cos at 39, I feel that's my chance of giving my wee girl a sibling gone.

Thanks for listening.

citymonkey Thu 28-Jul-11 14:29:16

Hi there - I just wanted to post something in response. I really hope you have some positive news. If things don't work out then you can of course try again. Though I don't have any experience of this myself, it sounds like you could take some hope from the fact you had bleeding through the early stages of your daughter's pregnancy.

Thinking of you xxx

Crosshair Thu 28-Jul-11 14:49:57

I hope the wait isnt too horrible for you, not knowing is awful. I know its not much comfort, but lots of people have babies in their 40's, it doesnt have to be the end of your dream.

Goodluck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now