Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal?

(16 Posts)
apricotears Wed 27-Jul-11 21:34:45

My apologies in advance for TMI, but I am totally clueless as this is first baby.

I am 35 weeks and noticed when I went to the loo, I had what I think is part of a show??? There was no blood or green type of mucus- it was a clear jelly like substance and was about the size of a penny?!?!

I know this can happen weeks before baby arrives.. and from what I have read there barely seemed enough of the stuff to be the whole show, and there wasn't any blood or anything in it... but it most certainly was not normal disharge, which I have been getting regularly throughout the whole pregnancy.

I have been experiencing some discomfort- like period type pains coming and going (but not regularly) over the past couple of days. I figure this is just the braxton hicks cranking up a notch in preparation for actual labour???

What do you think? Even though I am seriously uncomfortable and feel like I am winging non stop, I want to keep this baby in for at least another couple of weeks!

Completely clueless- is the above normal?

Henrythehappyhelicopter Wed 27-Jul-11 21:40:10

The first time I had a show it was as you described. Became much more with subsequent pregnancies.

It may be all or part of the show.

I would say you are preparing for labour but it could still not go into fall swing for several weeks.

Good luck.

hester Wed 27-Jul-11 21:41:25

It does sound like a show, yes. As for the contractions, yes they could be Braxton Hicks. Or not.

I think it may be time to ask your midwife. Good luck smile

apricotears Thu 28-Jul-11 19:46:25

Thanks ladies. Turns out it was the real thing! Baby boy, weighing 4.85 (approx from memory; still a bit spaced out!) pounds. Tiny little man, so in special care nursery, but otherwisehe is doing well. Phew, what a day!

Squiglettsmummy2bx Thu 28-Jul-11 19:52:48

Congratulations xxx grin

PrettyVacant1 Thu 28-Jul-11 20:37:14

Wow!
Congratulations, welcome to the world wee man. smile x

CrazyAlien06 Thu 28-Jul-11 20:41:19

Wow congratulations :0) xx

hester Thu 28-Jul-11 21:02:19

Oh fantastic! I feel like you should make me godmother or something grin

PoppysMom Fri 29-Jul-11 02:54:41

Congratulations!

statueofliberty Fri 29-Jul-11 03:01:03

Oh wow,well done.xx

firsttimer84 Fri 29-Jul-11 08:12:03

Wow I did not expect this thread to end like this! Congratulations!!!!

nannyl Fri 29-Jul-11 08:40:45

wow
Congratulations from me too grin

LivinInTheMoment Fri 29-Jul-11 18:28:01

Congratulations!!

Xavielli Fri 29-Jul-11 20:10:23

Congrats!! (Bloody pregnancy hormones, having a good old cry at this!)

CBear6 Fri 29-Jul-11 20:32:50

Congratulations, lovely news! Well done you smile

nickschick Fri 29-Jul-11 20:34:31

wayyyy hayyy well done xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now