Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where is my morning sickness?

(11 Posts)
happymschicken Wed 27-Jul-11 20:59:21

When I was pregnant with my DS, the morning sickness kicked in pretty quickly - around 5 weeks. I never actually threw up but I had low level nausea until I was 10 weeks when it disappeared. I also remember being absolutely shattered, which I've definitely got now.

I'm exactly 6 weeks pregnant today and apart from the odd wave of nausea there's not much to speak of. I'm craving salty food but I'm really worried I'm not pregnant anymore.

Did anyone else have MS with one pregnancy and not with the other?

aethelfleda Wed 27-Jul-11 21:36:14

It's well known that MS is different with diff pregnancies (and diff ladies- some never get it at all!) so fret not, I'm on DC3 and my first two the ms kicked in at 6 and 5 weeks, this one didn't get going til nearly 7 weeks. Wanting salty stuff is a good sign as it's a very common thing
In early pregnancy! Good luck smile

happymschicken Wed 27-Jul-11 21:40:37

Thank you.

I'm sure it will kick in at some point although I wish it wouldn't! I've got a real fear of sickness so it's doubly hard to cope with but hey ho.

I'll be regretting wondering where the MS is in a few weeks I'm sure!

feekerry Wed 27-Jul-11 22:12:55

I'm 6 weeks and from yesterday onwards have had some really sickey moments. Up until yesterday hadn't felt sick at all. Mine is worse in the afternoon and early evening tho. I know how you feel tho as I was thinking I was no longer pregnant as hardly any symptoms but things have def cranked up a notch last day or so. X

notlettingthefearshow Wed 27-Jul-11 22:22:19

I'm on my first pregnancy, but my ms (constant low level nausea) was from weeks 9-11 only. Thought I'd got away with it after the first 8 weeks of 'only' feeling exhausted with super sensitive nipples (had to abandon may a textured bra!). Those 3 weeks felt like forever at the time though! I've heard it can differ from one pregnancy to the next - one of those medical unknowns.

Fingers crossed your ms stays away!

Scheherezadea Thu 28-Jul-11 02:51:13

I didn't have any sickness or nausea, at all! Even in the beginning, I had bad tiredness, but nothing sicky. Am 29 weeks smile

hermionejgranger Thu 28-Jul-11 07:12:22

You may all have my sickness grin I would be glad to share! Please...help yourselves!!! You lucky lucky ladies!

IKWYM about worrying about no symptoms though...I had hurty boobs for the first week after I found out and then...nothing. Until 7 weeks...I'm now 10+3 and have had the longest three and a bit weeks of my life!

I'm glad you're all feeling relatively well, though...and AFAIK each pregnancy can be different from previous ones!

JenniL1977 Thu 28-Jul-11 07:17:42

Everyone told me that MS was a "good sign" - except my mum, who never had a second's sickness with either me or my brother (and believe you me, we were big, fat, happy, healthy babies)
I am now 37 weeks and look like a fecking whale, and I didn't have a second of feeling ill. Just tired and craved salty stuff.
Good luck, I shouldn't fret too much smile x

happymschicken Thu 28-Jul-11 08:15:52

Thanks for your replies ladies.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to escape the dreaded MS but I did conceive only three weeks ago so it's early days. No doubt I'll be posting on here in a few weeks saying how dreadful I feel!

BlueKangaroo22 Thu 28-Jul-11 08:39:28

My first and only pregnancy so far I didn't suffer really with MS, I couldn't have cereal briefly, as it made me throw up literally twice, but that was it other than going off a few foods. My mom was the same when she was pg with me didn't get sick, but did with my brother and this confirmed my belief that she was a girl (ultrasound lady didnt sound 100percent sure!) and she was! smile

Kayzr Thu 28-Jul-11 08:41:55

I didn't have morning sickness at all. The only thing I had was whenever I smelt anything minty I felt ill. So maybe you wont get it this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now