Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnacare out of date

(6 Posts)
yoshimigalloway Wed 27-Jul-11 11:44:54

Hiya,

i stopped taking my pregnancare tablets a while back. I'm 33 weeks now and when I saw my midwife last week she said my iron was a touch low ( not a big deal but to start my pregnacare again).

I've been taking some that my friend gave me and have just realised that the use by date was Aug 09!

Do you think this is a big deal? I guess they haven't made me ill but will they have been completely useless?!

bmm39 Wed 27-Jul-11 11:47:42

I didn't think that vitamins went off. I might be wrong. I don't think it will hurt you or your baby.

Crosshair Wed 27-Jul-11 11:49:12

I think they just dont work as well. Im no expert though.

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 27-Jul-11 12:00:56

I hope they go off, I threw out about 4 big boxes in May because they expired in April. I assumed that their effectiveness would be lessened and therefore there wasn't much point in taking them.

WeLoveHaribo Wed 27-Jul-11 12:03:43

I threw out my pregnacare dated Jan 10, just didnt wanna risk it.

yoshimigalloway Wed 27-Jul-11 12:11:07

I won't take any more just in case - 2 years though! I guess i could have figured it out by the age of her child if i'd thought about it at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now