Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If I close my eyes and click my heels together, the baby will come today- right?

(8 Posts)
milkandnosugar Wed 27-Jul-11 11:19:00

Yup, it's a self-indulgent moaning thread here.
Due today, plenty of moments over the last week or so when I've thought 'here we go' only to have gone....nowhere.
This is dc2 and despite ds1 being 10 days late, I was kinda hoping (stupid I know) that this bambino might just turn up on time.
I think this period of time is made worse because you haven't really made plans to do anything much just in case....and then as it turns out there is nowt to do. HB planned so everything has been here for weeks argh...tell me I'm not the only one going ever so slightly mad right now. We won't even mention the 'thoughtful' texts, calls, emails and FB messages to see if there is any news.

msbuggywinkle Wed 27-Jul-11 11:25:29

Only if you're wearing red shiny shoes.

[helpful]

Paschaelina Wed 27-Jul-11 11:26:31

Will it be called Dorothy?

<also helpful>

Paschaelina Wed 27-Jul-11 11:28:47

Dh put a message on facebook to say he would defriend everyone who kept asking.

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Wed 27-Jul-11 11:49:10

Join the club: I'm 3 days over, get to this time of day everyday for the last week and I just collapse on the sofa in tears. Had my pre op for the section I never want to get to last night and they ended up calling a psych consultant on me sad

I've asked four separate HCPs what I can do, even going so far as to say 'if someone were to offer to bring my section forward to tomorrow, I'd have it'

Response from my own midwife - 'curry and sex' - yeah, like I haven't tried that.
Response from the nurse - 'pineapple' - if I ever eat pineapple again it'll be too soon.
Response from hospital midwife and psych - nothing but bland smiles and 'aw honey, if only we had a magic wand' - well I gave you a solution to consider and you just ignored it!

So completely fed up with being in pain and pregnant, and starting to worry I'm going to hate the baby sad

JenniL1977 Wed 27-Jul-11 11:53:11

I'm 37 weeks today.
Will that work??! smile
<finds shiny red shoes>
<stands up>
<closes eyes>
<realises can't jump in the air to click heels as too goddamn pregnant>

Any time now, baby girl, any time you want, I'm ready and bored waiting

Paschaelina Wed 27-Jul-11 12:12:25

Lol you all need to shout whisper "there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home..." whilst bouncing madly on your birthing ball and prodding your bump. Red shoes and scruffy doggy optional.

(if only to give everyone a bloody good laugh)

Disclaimer: it did bugger all for me. The sweep was what got me going in the end.

milkandnosugar Wed 27-Jul-11 12:35:57

Ah, that's where I've been going wrong ladies- been wearing dh's old green flash as my feet have been elephantine for the last few weeks...the two cats we have will just have to do in place of Toto!
Midwife says she'll do a sweep on Friday but only if the head is fully engaged, guess I'd better just camp out on the gym ball till then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now