Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

tmi? sorry..."chapped" nipples in 1st trimester

(7 Posts)
hermionejgranger Tue 26-Jul-11 22:32:01

For some reason my nipples appear to be really chapped. They're not particularly sore (relatively speaking), just look really dry and flaky. Not a good look. I've been putting just normal body lotion/vitamin E cream on them which helps briefly, but by the evening/morning after they are back to chappiness again. I'm 10+1...

Any ideas??

Pastabee Tue 26-Jul-11 22:48:12

I had this. Its not unusual and i believe its all down to hormones. I used Vaseline which really helped.

BertieBotts Tue 26-Jul-11 22:51:26

It's probably colostrum, not dry skin at all. It leaks very slightly and forms a thin yellowish crust. It's early to be producing it, but not unheard of at all smile

hermionejgranger Tue 26-Jul-11 23:01:10

thanks for your replies smile will get some vaseline tomorrow - if it turns out it's colostrum i'll just have the softest lips in the world!

lolajane2009 Wed 27-Jul-11 04:02:26

I'm 32 + 5 and have had this almost all the way through, since maybe 12 or 14 weeks. I have now started to use nipple cream on them as it soothes them.

LittlePebble Wed 27-Jul-11 08:02:36

I've had this for ages (am 29+4) and a few weeks ago had nipplegate (as it's known in our house) where my left nipple bled everywhere. Midwife said it's caused by breasts growing and prepping for milk and apparently can be a good sign you'll produce lots. I'd advise buying some lansinoh as it's specifically designed for women's nipples and you can use it once bf. X

PeelingmyselfofftheCeiling Thu 28-Jul-11 12:08:29

Same here Hermionie, sort of <TMI WARNING WARNING> yellow crusty bit on the end, from very early weeks. Boak!

Hopefully that means I'm going to produce enough milk to power Cadburys! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now