Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My friend due after me has had her baby!

(19 Posts)
rooks14 Tue 26-Jul-11 20:26:31

sad I should be happy but I'm 39 weeks and bloody fed up! I WAS FIRST!!!! grrrr

CombineArvester Tue 26-Jul-11 20:29:27

I think you've got a classic case of pregnancy self-centredness, how many weeks was she? I was a bit miffed to have both mine early tbh, hate to think there was someone out there getting pissed off because I'd beaten them to it...it would be slightly more understandable if you were massively overdue but you haven't even reached your due date yet.

rooks14 Tue 26-Jul-11 20:34:45

If her baby was in special care then I obviously wouldn't be writing this. she was 38 weeks and has a perfectly healthy baby! was looking more for other ladies near their due dates to moan with not some idiot who has chip on their shoulder.

Tidey Tue 26-Jul-11 20:36:05

I remember feeling like this - a friend of the family was due after me but her DS was born early and my DD was almost two weeks late. I remember being happy that she had a boy because I was convinced that not only was she probably all smug about having had the baby first but that she would 'steal' the girl's name we'd chosen blush confused (This is someone I hardly ever see so it wouldn't matter if she did anyway!)

I would put it down to tiredness and being a tiny bit irritational at this stage smile

theowlwhowasafraidofthedark Tue 26-Jul-11 20:36:08

argh, this happened to me but not only did friends baby arrive first it stole my due date angry
Luckily dd came 3 days later and we all got over it pretty quickly!
Hope you don't have too long to wait

CombineArvester Tue 26-Jul-11 20:36:20

Heheh calm down you don't want to go into labour...oh sorry you do don't you. Good luck with everything!

QueenOfFeckingEverything Tue 26-Jul-11 20:36:39

Oh dear - I know where you are coming from, and its fine to be a bit miffed in private.

Beat this though - my friend who was due 6 weeks after me had her baby first last year. Hers was born at 37 weeks and mine at 43.

Tidey Tue 26-Jul-11 20:36:58

*irrational, not irritational. Although if that was a word it would still make sense grin

candr Wed 27-Jul-11 19:13:56

Have someone from work due 2 days after me, we work in a school and there are bets on between parents and staff to see who gets to introduce their new baby first as it will be the exciting one with the next being 'oh! another baby' (It had better be me!!!) We also have a poll on guessing the baby name but have not been allowed to see the guesses, apparently lots of people wrote the same names for both of us to up their chance of winning. It is all in good humour though (I still want to win!)

rooks14 Wed 27-Jul-11 19:24:50

She stole my middle name as well! Am fuming! lol x

rooks14 Wed 27-Jul-11 19:25:34

43 weeks Queen??? SOD THAT! would mean I have another month ofthis.... noooooooooooooo!

Vix286 Wed 27-Jul-11 19:28:48

rooks I know what you mean, I was due Saturday and one of my NCT class has had hers a week early! I am jealous!

If you can't be irrational when you are pregnant, when the hell can you be?

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Wed 27-Jul-11 20:15:25

Totally with you OP, friend has had hers two weeks ago and not due til 1st August. I was due on Sunday and nothing. AND she was only in labour 2 hrs 45 minutes angry

MrsVidic Wed 27-Jul-11 20:18:55

I too am getting bitter and twisted- luckily don't know any other preg ppl at the mo

LifeOfKate Wed 27-Jul-11 21:20:04

Ooo yes, I definitely know where you are coming from, I would be annoyed too grin Anyone over 35 weeks pregnant reserves the right to be irrational and unreasonable, particularly when it comes to still being pregnant while others around you are popping them out all over the place. I know three other people who are due in the two weeks either side of my due date (I'm 38 weeks) and I just know I'm going to be the last sodding one to give birth. Not helped by DC1 being 2 weeks late, so it's not unlikely that I've still got another bloody month of this!

rooks14 Sat 30-Jul-11 15:36:14

Anyone got any happy news yet? smile (I'm not being nice, just so I can moan to DP about even more having theirs before me!) Hehe only joking, I'd like some inspiration that I will eventually have a babY! x

ButterflySally Sat 30-Jul-11 19:04:38

I know exactly how you feel. A total of THREE people in my NCT class have given birth before me despite being due later. Am green with envy and so sick of being pregnant (am 41 weeks). I honestly feel as though I will be pregnant forever, even though DP continually reminds me that this is not medically possible smile

SeldomSeenCake Sat 30-Jul-11 19:27:38

when i was preg with DD and [art of an antenatal group on here...i was due before a big handful of girls and literally i was the last in the group to have the baby!! i eventually popped 11 days late and i was a big sobbing mess for the whole 11 days!!grin

i know the feeling and i agree...you have reserved the right to be a bit hormonal and irrational!

Boosaphena Sat 30-Jul-11 19:36:06

I'm due for a c section on a friends due date and I feel guilty for this exact reason. Everyday lasts a fortnight in those last few weeks so if others have the indecency to pop before you it makes it all worse wink Take heart in that it won't reeeally be forever, and what was that really irritating thing people said when I was 6 days over with dc 2... Oh yes... Enjoy the sleep now while you can... As IF you're getting any sleep. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now