Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What does SFH mean on my notes?

(12 Posts)
supergreenuk Tue 26-Jul-11 20:05:50

It says SFH reduced but what does that mean?

Tidey Tue 26-Jul-11 20:07:57

Was going to say 'She's Freakishly Hairy', but it says reduced so maybe not.

Something to do with fundus height?

Tidey Tue 26-Jul-11 20:08:55

Sorry for the daft comment above. Symphysis fundus height, according to Google.

missorinoco Tue 26-Jul-11 20:09:09

grin Tidey. I was going to say She's F'ing Hairy. Great minds.
No idea OP, sorry.

supergreenuk Tue 26-Jul-11 20:42:07

Thankyou. That makes sense. I measure the same as I did 4 weeks ago and I have been sent for a scan. Wish it was re the hairiness.

Tidey Tue 26-Jul-11 20:45:12

Many apologies for being silly OP, I hope everything turns out okay for you.

missorinoco Tue 26-Jul-11 20:46:48

Me too, too flippant. Good luck.

CombineArvester Tue 26-Jul-11 20:47:22

Supergreen UK my belly never got bigger than 32cm even when I'd gone past 32 weeks, the growth slowed down a tiny bit but they didn't do that growth sparing pattern worrying thing. Midwife suggested it was the baby's change in position that made the fundal height stay the same, they also moved closer to my back somehow.

supergreenuk Tue 26-Jul-11 21:02:18

Yes I think it is babies position as he lays from hip to hip which must mean I'm stretching out rather than up.

Don't be daft you guys. A joke is a joke. No harm done.

Vicster35 Mon 25-Apr-16 21:45:50

Hi ya all, I'm new to this site and could really do with a bit of advice, my S.F.H is reading 28cm and I'm only 26 weeks pregnant, does this mean my baby is big?
Thanks

KnitsBakesAndReads Tue 26-Apr-16 03:42:31

I believe the norm is for your SFH measurement to be 3cm either side of the number of weeks you are. So 28cm at 26 weeks is perfectly normal. Bump measurements aren't always the most accurate anyway, for instance if you see a different midwife at each appointment then they may measure slightly differently.

FastWindow Tue 26-Apr-16 03:50:01

How lovely that op took the joke as a joke. Nice to see on here there days!

Op, hope everything is all good with your sfh. Pregnancy can do all sorts of off textbook stuff to you. And the joke is on the pregnant woman after about 30 weeks , as you can't see your lady area, let alone reach it to do any hairy gardening grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now