Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction experiences

(4 Posts)
witches Tue 26-Jul-11 17:50:00

Due to go in thursday for induction. I was 2cm dilated last week at appointment and got my sweep and had a show then nothing! Spoke to midwife yesterday at hosp and she mentioned if cervix was open then they might skip pesary and go to breaking waters. Has anyone had labour started in this way?

Aloha31 Tue 26-Jul-11 19:19:40

Yep - exactly that! How far overdue are you?

Check out this MN thread called positive induction tales and see my story there.

It was a lovely birth! DD is 6 weeks old and just gone off to bed, all worth it! Good luck!

witches Tue 26-Jul-11 21:15:48

Thank you so much! Im only going to be 3days late but being induced due to SPD. Hopefully my experience will be as good as those mentioned. I will keep in mind the ARM option too.

babyincubator Wed 27-Jul-11 12:29:25

I was induced for DS1 and it was amazing - hardly felt a thing because the docs were able to control the pain relief so i had epidural before waters broken etc. Totally recommend it. Don't worry xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now