Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bleeding at 6 + 3. walk in centre?

(5 Posts)
BitzyVonMuffling Tue 26-Jul-11 14:05:13

Forgive brevity, am on phone. Have had several bigish blobs of browny red blood and more if I wipe. Have called early pregnancy unit and cannot self refer. Will be going by walk in centre, will they be able to help? Am having cramps too sad

tortilla Tue 26-Jul-11 14:08:04

I'd say GP, but if you are going by anyway might be worth trying. My experience of walk in centres has always been good, but not sure if they can refer on directly to EPU. I went to my GP when I had my miscarriage as I knew they could sort all of that. Thinking of you x

CombineArvester Tue 26-Jul-11 14:09:21

Ring them first - many walk in centres will not treat pregnant women so you won't be able to get referred to EPU that way. Could you get referred to EPU by GP somehow (try asking for GP to call you, perhaps he/she could refer you to EPU by phone if you can't get appointment with him/her today) . Or tell us where you are and we can find the nearest self-referring EPU .

withoutanet Tue 26-Jul-11 15:12:11

Hi Bitsy, I've been having similar symptoms and decided to just show up at A&E last night. Stressful experience all around but I'm now waiting at home for an early morning scan tomorrow. I don't know much about walk-in clinics but hopefully they can see you straight away. If not you should really consider A&E.

It's a rough day. Please feel free to PM me. I'm trying so so so hard to stay positive. And to also remember that some of our fellow March-ies have been having bleeding and cramps with continued healthy pregnancies.

(inserts Inappropriately un-MN hug here)

BitzyVonMuffling Tue 26-Jul-11 15:51:56

Thanks. I called the surgery and the duty doc called me back. She thinks its too early for a scan so I'm going in for blood tests tomorrow first thing and again on Friday. I feel ridiculously tearful tbh, which is no good as I'm on a bus. I has bleeding at this stage with SD and everything was fine. But I've been so pessimistic this time from the start. Maybe I knew it waabt ti be? But o guess we'll see. Ive been putting off going home as I know ill become a knicker checker extraordinaire but I need to go and rest. What will be will be

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now