Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody else constantly worried about movement?

(16 Posts)
Newmom2b Tue 26-Jul-11 11:05:31

Or is it just me?
I'm 28 and a bit weeks and constantly seem to be worried about if I'm feeling enough movement. There are some says where I feel less and somedays where I feel more. Type of movement has also changed a bit over the weeks whereas before I used to just feel kicks now I feel other weird stuff which i'm presuming is turning etc and less kicks. Had a MW check last week and she didnt seem worried.
DH is getting a bit annoyed at me at the moment because of this constant worrying. Its natural though right?

Africagirl1 Tue 26-Jul-11 11:08:07

Totally natural. I'm 26 weeks and seem to have it at the back of my mind constantly. Then when she wriggles a lot I am worried she is going to get the cord twisted!

Rootatoot Tue 26-Jul-11 11:11:48

Yes I think it is natural or at least, because MWs keep saying be aware of movements, it's easy to get overly worried. I think sometimes you get busy with things and then think ' I haven't noticed baby move' and then worry. I'm getting fed up with worrying now really. 36 weeks, high bp and looking out for Pre Eclampsia. All HCPs keep saying any reduction in movements and come straight in. Poor little bubs is probably trying to nap and I keep trying to wake him up to reassure myself! Think he's just nocturnal though. Was kicking me to bits as I went to sleep last night. smile It IS important to be aware though, I know - just hard getting balance right I guess. Oh and men just don't get it. My DH gets a bit narky if I fuss too grin

AKMD Tue 26-Jul-11 11:13:41

Yes, it's very normal. When I gt a bit worried I used to have an ice-cold drink, which used to wake DS and make his feelings very clear, poor baby!

SchrodingersMew Tue 26-Jul-11 11:38:23

Yep, it's natural.

I get overly paranoid when it comes to this and have been to MAU umpteen times.

SchrodingersMew Tue 26-Jul-11 11:40:07

Oh and I think my DP is getting a bit annoyed with it too! smile

kitkey Tue 26-Jul-11 14:02:50

I worry all day every day too and this is dc3. I
Make DH feel kicks with me every eveningblush

Newmom2b Tue 26-Jul-11 14:31:04

kitkey - thats made me smile because that exactly what I do. I can feel him moving around all day (and keep a tally beside my computer) but when I get home I need DH to feel it too so I can reassue myself I'm not imagining it! For the past couple of nights LO has been really quite in the evening and DH has not felt him :-(

kitkey Tue 26-Jul-11 14:48:10

I am 31 weeks and had a really bad week at 28 weeks - went to hospital ad got myself in a state. Maybe a growth spurt so sleeping more.

kitkey Tue 26-Jul-11 14:49:58

Also I think it takes a while to get used to less kicks but more slides and shuffles which i only feel lying or sitting with hand on bump. X

Newmom2b Tue 26-Jul-11 15:02:06

lol sat here reading this with hand on my bump!

CBear6 Tue 26-Jul-11 15:15:03

I'm 33 weeks and I've noticed less kicks but more sliding/shuffling/stretching/wiggles, etc. she seems to be kicking/punching less and actually moving instead. Well, she was moving anyway but it's the movements I feel more than the kicks now. MW told me I should feel a minimum of ten movements a day.

I would just say if you're ever worried then see the MAU, it only takes them around 20-30 minutes to do a CTG but the relief it gives is immense and they don't mind reassuring worried mums.

candr Wed 27-Jul-11 19:17:36

My DH loves feeling the kicks as he feels that he finally gets to interact wth baby. When I am getting kicked he tickles his feet and feels him wriggle, he also rests his face on bump and get booted in the face which I find funny. It has made him realise how hard the kicks and head butts can be so has sympathy for me but I love the way he now feels he is bonding more. There is no way I could keep count of movement though as he just doesn't seem to stop.

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Thu 28-Jul-11 21:51:59

yup - have a thread going on this subject. DC2 for me, sur I wasn't this concerned last time!!

humph123 Fri 29-Jul-11 14:27:49

i used to constantly worry about movement/kicking. there never seemed to be a routine/or kicks at the same time each day. a cold drink did start the kicking. if my baby had kicked for a few days and then had a very quiet day i went and got him monitored at the hospital. if you are worried about lack of movement please get yourself monitored. that's what they are there for.

WaitingForBabyD Fri 29-Jul-11 17:07:03

Hi Newmom2b. I had a really similar thing around 28 weeks. I’d been feeling lots of kicks up until that point and become pretty confident about how often they were when everything seemed to change. The kicks stopped and I felt occasional shifting type movements but nothing as strong. I ended up getting checked out by the local hospital. I did phone the midwife, she said if I was feeling less than 10 again I needed to get checked out but didn’t seem too worried either way. The peace of mind I got from half an hour on a monitor was great tho, if you can get the same then it’s worth it. It definitely takes a bit of time to get used to different movements tho, especially when babies have so much space to move around and into different positions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now