Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

low heeled shoes for wedding at 32 wks?

(6 Posts)
titferbrains Tue 26-Jul-11 08:24:42

Have got this dress from Seraphine. Wedding this wkend and next.

Can shop in central london this aft. weddings both start late afternoon into eve.

Can't decide if I need tights - black - or if I could go without. Note sequin detail is dark grey so I would naturally pair a black shoe and silver/gunmetal accessories with it, but am open to suggestions. Have seen some nice blue/bright coral outfits this summer but don't think it will work with this dress.

Am very curvy and this dress is going to require spanx to smooth hippy lumps so need a bit of a lift so people don't just see my massive arse.

Eifos21 Tue 26-Jul-11 08:47:55

Sorry to advice in terms of shoes but just wanted to say that it is a real nice dress.

I am going to a weddding as well and think I may have to copy you smile

Love the colour. What are the sizes like at Seraphine? If normally a size 10/12?

Eifos21 Tue 26-Jul-11 08:48:12

That is no advice sorry.

titferbrains Tue 26-Jul-11 08:57:31

I am 5ft4 and normally a size 14-16, but I needed a slightly smaller size (a 12) in this dress as there some bits of the dress that didn't look right in the 14.

So you may need a smaller size. The dress is right on the knee on me.

Glad you like it. It was a mission getting myself and DD to the shop but I'm glad I bothered as the clothes are reasonably priced and not a bad fit.

titferbrains Tue 26-Jul-11 08:58:30

so if you get this dress Eifos what shoes will you wear with it?? wink

Suzysnoozy Tue 26-Jul-11 11:22:24

Titferbrains, that dress is gorgeous.

I know everyone is different but I went to a wedding at 32 and 33 weeks. Both I was planning on wearing low heels however at the first one after the service (I was sat down in the church most of the time) I had to take them off and put the flat sandals on, which I had in my bag. My feet had swelled so much it was painful and I hadn't suffered from puffy feet at this point in my pregnancy. The second wedding I didn't bother with heels just wore the pretty flat sandals. Again my feet swelled in these because I was on my feet most of the day and eve, i'm normally a size 3, I was wearing a size 5 and still had indents where the straps had been. If it was me I would look for pretty flat (wide) shoes. I hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now