Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second trimester why do I still feel like crap and feel sick?

(6 Posts)
pregnantmimi Tue 26-Jul-11 01:08:50

Felt great after the first trimester for oooooo about one week then back to feeling no energy and rubbish.

Cant be bothered to do anything and if I could would be quite happy to stay in bed all day watching tele with a bottle of gaviscon and carbs to munch on.

Also had projectile vomitting and sickness I cant believe its come back want to cry.sad

Anyone else feel like this ?

PoppysMom Tue 26-Jul-11 03:27:49

Oh, me!
I am feeling as exhausted as I did in the first trimester. Had 1, or 2 good weeks around weeks 12-13 and then it went back downhill.
I am now 23 weeks and God am I tired!
I just don't seem to sleep well and even when I get what should be classed as a restful night, I feel exhausted.
I have turned into a Zombie with a mushy brain sad

I was very fortunate not to have morning sickness really, apart from nausea and being sick maybe twice.

I really feel for you sad

How far gone are you?

nannyl Tue 26-Jul-11 07:33:57

i still felt horrific at 16 weeks. Nothing had changed in my eyes then. (I had expected to get magically better at week 12... i was wrong!!!!)

weeks 18 - 26 werent as bad for me.

im now 33 weeks, and sick nearly every day again

RunningGuerita Tue 26-Jul-11 07:57:50

You probably won't want to hear this, but I didn't start feeling better till 5 months in. Everyone kept saying "oh it gets better in the second trimester". Well for me not until well into the second trimester. Hang in there.

pregnantmimi Tue 26-Jul-11 11:38:23

It all the pregnancy books saying the second trimester is the best time mmmmmmmm.

I just feel tired got no motivation.

Manage go work but dont go to the extra meetings and morning events out (self employed so dont have to attend them) the lady I work with goes on and on about how being pregnant wont stop her working and she will have to work straight thou as she got no choise etc shes trying next year cant wait as she been so unsympathetic.

POppymum Im 19 weeks I look huge thou. Thanks for all your replies.

Running will have to see when it gets better. Nanny dont know how you cope being sick everyday blessxxx

harassedandherbug Tue 26-Jul-11 11:50:14

I'm 18+4 and still getting sicky days. Now they're mainly good days thank goodness!

I still can't clean my teeth with minty toothpaste though, so using dd's fruity one. I'm just glad the actual being sick has stopped!

Still shattered though, but can manage to stay up past 9pm some days <wahoooo!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now