Talk

Advanced search

Good value nursing bras for large chest (36FF or G)

(10 Posts)
Sewmuchtodo Mon 25-Jul-11 22:12:45

I am looking for a few cheap nursing bras to pop in my hospital bag.

With DC's 1&2 I spent a small fortune of them, only for my boobs go up 2 cup sizes 2wks after the birth and to have to buy more!

Has anyone found a good deal?

PinkFondantFancy Mon 25-Jul-11 22:14:46

Just marking my place as I need to buy some too.

MissRee Mon 25-Jul-11 22:18:38

As a large chested lady myself (34G before pregnancy) I struggled to get good maternity bras... but turning to the ever trusty eBay was the best thing I ever did!!! I found some in big sizes for around £7 each grin

Sewmuchtodo Mon 25-Jul-11 22:22:56

Just discovered a 2pk in Matalan (only upto F cup) for £10!!!

babylove80 Mon 25-Jul-11 22:29:09

M&S x

idlevice Tue 26-Jul-11 03:52:10

Not exactly cheap but there is a Bravado nursing bra (available from eg bras4mums.co.uk) that covers a range of sizes, I think two back sizes and 3 cup sizes - so not particularly supportive but it does cover that stage in the early weeks when milk comes in & your size can vary.

KatyN Tue 26-Jul-11 09:01:59

I read somewhere that you can just sew poppers into your maternity bra to make it a nursing bra.. having spent a small fortune on bras for now I might try that until I go up a few sizes more!!!

Sewmuchtodo Tue 26-Jul-11 19:28:48

Thanks for all the tips.

I am just home from a long and pointless shopping trip.....5 shops, NO BRA!!!

Mothercare, the woman measured me and announced I was a 40 (or 42) D. I was wearing a very well fitted (bravissimo) 36FF at the time so I thought better of buying one there!

H&M only had nightime ones in stock and don't sell online.

M&S didn't have any above a D cup instore.

House of Fraser 'don't do maternity'......I want a nursing bra, not a maternity one!

Matalan said to try online.

So online I go.....

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 26-Jul-11 19:31:24

I got some good ones from the nct website.

MissRee Tue 26-Jul-11 20:33:53

eBay, seriously!!! I bought 3 and they're all brilliant grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now