Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bugaboo Bee front wheel problem

(6 Posts)
Mintie190 Mon 25-Jul-11 19:25:50

Hi, I have a Bugaboo Bee which i have been using for about 6 weeks now. It's turning out to be a nightmare! The front wheels regularly swivel around so they are facing the wrong way which effectively means the pram won't move - the wheels are turning 180 degrees rather than the full 360 degrees. I googled the problem but it seems that the known problem with the Bee wheel relates to it shimmying - my problem is different. I'll try WD40 on them tonight but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a solution? I almost succeeded in ejecting the baby from the pram as i was getting off the bus today. It's stressful enough trying to get around London with an 8 week old baby! Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

duzida Mon 25-Jul-11 21:03:05

have you tried locking the wheels, or does that make it too difficult to steer in other ways? I have the old version of the bee, I have occasionally found the wheels a pain in the way you describe, especially if pushing down off a kerb, but on the whole, it's been OK. Might be worth complaining to bugaboo (or the retailer - I seem to remember the website tells you to go to the retailer first?) but see what other people with the new model say...

ChocaMum Tue 26-Jul-11 20:42:28

I had the same problem with mine after about 6 months. It's a known problem affecting some of the new bee's. If you contact bugaboo they will post out these washer rings which solved it, I put two on each front wheel and that was 6 months ago. Love the bee now so much!

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 26-Jul-11 20:43:30

Apparently a bad batch, there was another thread on this today

Mintie190 Tue 26-Jul-11 21:53:07

Thanks for the responses. WD40 has helped a lot but now the left one has started shimmying!! From one extreme to the other. I'll contact Bugaboo and get the washers to sort it out. JarethTheGoblinKing - I couldn't fine the other thread. Do you have a link you could post? Thank u.

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 26-Jul-11 21:59:51

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pushchair_chat/1267060-Aaaaarrrrrrgh

smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: