Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bugaboo Bee front wheel problem

(6 Posts)
Mintie190 Mon 25-Jul-11 19:25:50

Hi, I have a Bugaboo Bee which i have been using for about 6 weeks now. It's turning out to be a nightmare! The front wheels regularly swivel around so they are facing the wrong way which effectively means the pram won't move - the wheels are turning 180 degrees rather than the full 360 degrees. I googled the problem but it seems that the known problem with the Bee wheel relates to it shimmying - my problem is different. I'll try WD40 on them tonight but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a solution? I almost succeeded in ejecting the baby from the pram as i was getting off the bus today. It's stressful enough trying to get around London with an 8 week old baby! Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

duzida Mon 25-Jul-11 21:03:05

have you tried locking the wheels, or does that make it too difficult to steer in other ways? I have the old version of the bee, I have occasionally found the wheels a pain in the way you describe, especially if pushing down off a kerb, but on the whole, it's been OK. Might be worth complaining to bugaboo (or the retailer - I seem to remember the website tells you to go to the retailer first?) but see what other people with the new model say...

ChocaMum Tue 26-Jul-11 20:42:28

I had the same problem with mine after about 6 months. It's a known problem affecting some of the new bee's. If you contact bugaboo they will post out these washer rings which solved it, I put two on each front wheel and that was 6 months ago. Love the bee now so much!

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 26-Jul-11 20:43:30

Apparently a bad batch, there was another thread on this today

Mintie190 Tue 26-Jul-11 21:53:07

Thanks for the responses. WD40 has helped a lot but now the left one has started shimmying!! From one extreme to the other. I'll contact Bugaboo and get the washers to sort it out. JarethTheGoblinKing - I couldn't fine the other thread. Do you have a link you could post? Thank u.

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 26-Jul-11 21:59:51

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pushchair_chat/1267060-Aaaaarrrrrrgh

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now