Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ds got chickenpox, dd likely 2 get. am i ok at 34weeks?

(6 Posts)
jimmijam Mon 25-Jul-11 18:10:18

Hi. I had it wen.i was little so should me and babs b ok?

Valiant1 Mon 25-Jul-11 18:14:22

yes you should i had this with my nephew a few weeks ago and i wasn't sure if i was ok so rang m/w who sent me for blood tests. but as long as you already had them you should be ok. ring yo9ur m/w if you unsure hun xx my dc all had chicken pox over the school holidays i have three and they took it in turns instead of getting it together sad

starkadder Mon 25-Jul-11 20:26:31

I think you should be OK but I would tell your midwife and probably get your immunity checked. I've heard that a very small percentage of people who have had chicken pox in childhood are not immune when grown up.

jimmijam Mon 25-Jul-11 20:57:10

Thanks. I'll mention it wen i c her thurs. Just want 2b sure. In the meantime little (spotty) man is enjoying lots of cuddles (as am i) :-)

del1 Tue 26-Jul-11 20:33:54

When I was about 29 weeks pregnant, my two young ones had it.
The doctor advised me over the phone, and said as long as I've had it when younger, I couldn't get it again.
But ... I know about 4 people that say they've had it twice confused
It took about 4 weeks in total, for both of them to get rid of the scabs, as one had it a week and half after the other!
So your kids will be all cleared up by the time this next one arrives!
It was a nice change being stuck in, just watching tele, and reading books etc, instead of our usual daily trips out!!

Mum2be79 Wed 27-Jul-11 08:39:43

I had this problem a few weeks ago. Luckily it was during my booking in appointment. You can get a blood test to check your immunity. I did and luckily I had the antibodies. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now