Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Freak Out Room / Grad Thread Great Northern meet up

(45 Posts)
CollieandPup Mon 25-Jul-11 16:31:01

Hello lovely ladies. Right, it seems we have finally managed to set a date to meet. But I thought a thread where we can all post to arrange venue and other pleasantries would be helpful seeing as though reply all in PM doesn't work! Grrrr

So suggestions welcome! X

CollieandPup Mon 25-Jul-11 16:43:00

Suggestions from yrmotb -
If it's the Sunday then jamies might be nice, the tiled cafe in the city art gallery is nice on a Saturday, chaophraya is a lovely Thai place open at lunch, cafe rouge is fine, wagamama ok, or browns? You could ask everyone else opinions? I haven't tried jamies, but it's meant to be good.

OrangeGloss Mon 25-Jul-11 16:47:51

Ooohh a meet up smile how northern do you have to be? I'd love to meet everyone. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to put details on here. Also I won't be offended if it's just for a select few of you

CollieandPup Mon 25-Jul-11 17:23:31

Ohhh, Nooo!!! Orange you are most welcome. I was worried we would end up missing someone. This has been a long time in the making so we were all prev FO room'ers. Will PM you x

Youremindmeofthebean Mon 25-Jul-11 17:35:37

<excited>

CollieandPup Mon 25-Jul-11 17:39:55

grin me too!!!

mousebacon Mon 25-Jul-11 19:52:24

Me three grin !!!

Do we have a time - just looking at train tickets smile

PrettyVacant1 Mon 25-Jul-11 22:27:34

<Sticks beak in>
Hellooooo! grin
How Northern?
I'm Northern, I like meet ups.
I have no shame.

Blackkat Tue 26-Jul-11 09:01:56

Hello, Jamie's is nice but gets so busy that I wonder if they would move us on from the table after a while or we'd feel pressured to move.
Has anyone been to the Bar and Grill where the old Post Office used to be?
It's good and has a private room, where they will let you have a set menu and is very reasonably priced. Might just mean we could linger longer should we want to?
Agree with YRMOTB that the tiled cafe is also v nice.

Daisybell1 Tue 26-Jul-11 09:14:39

Me me me!!!!!!

We'll need to have somewhere with very large chairs as I'll definitely be waddling by then grin

Daisybell1 Tue 26-Jul-11 09:15:24

<nicks Owl's stapler to stick Orange and Pretty to their chairs>

PrettyVacant1 Tue 26-Jul-11 11:11:41

Hello, hello, hello. smile
Just been debating if this is indeedy do able.
You see, I'll (a) have a 3 week old baybee with me grin
and (b) said baybee is arriving by c section. hmm

How central to the train station are we talking?
What time ish too?
Any more babs going to be there?
Sorry for just commandeering things with the 20 Q's.

I'd love to meet you all, I have been lurky lurkin and keeping an eye.
I'll put baybee in stripey babygrow speshilly for Whatbabe.

wombatinwaiting Tue 26-Jul-11 11:31:16

Agghh - jealous! Want to come but not sure I can justify the flight! Have loads of fun ladies and we want the FULL low-down when you're back please! grin

PrettyVacant1 Tue 26-Jul-11 12:10:41

Where are you Womble?

Youremindmeofthebean Tue 26-Jul-11 12:48:24

Hurrah for the stripy baby gro! I acskherly tried to find one for George when he was born.. if we go the place suggested by blackcat then it's vey central and close to the station.

That sounds good, blackcat. I've not been before, so would love to try somewhere new. If it's reasonable I will be able to have a starter and main and dessert! <pig>

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 26-Jul-11 13:34:51

I'm not northern. Are we having an eastern meet up?! grin

MissTinaTeaspoon Tue 26-Jul-11 13:38:08

Or a Welsh one grin? (v jealous, sounds like fun!)

Minnie74 Wed 27-Jul-11 00:16:20

Really looking forward to it! All sound like good suggestions. Browns is our post shopping quick drink on the way to the carpark place. Or it used to be!Bar and grill really good for the station-not been but heard good things. Think you have to queue for jamies. Oooh it's like a blind date nct class!grin

OrangeGloss Wed 27-Jul-11 05:53:10

I'm gonna have to give it a miss sad it's the day before my DD and quite a journey from where I am, so perhaps not the best idea grin

<proposes a western/midlands one also>

wombatinwaiting Wed 27-Jul-11 07:24:59

I'm in Dubai pretty so I guess that counts me out for anywhere in the UK sad - if anyone fancies a meet-up here though, you'd all be very welcome grin.

I think you should go orange, full of outrageous tales of the last couple of weeks grin

Daisybell1 Sat 30-Jul-11 08:33:15

<thinks Orange is panicking about nothing and should get herself there grin>

I haven't actually broken the news to OH that I'm heading off to Leeds 10 days before I'm due.... Hey ho, he'll cope!

Am completely in your hands ladies over where to meet, don't know Leeds at all, but I know there are trains which will get me there before lunch and back in the early evening.

Where abouts are you Orange? I propose a second meet up later in the year, babies and due dates allowing. Maybe at WIWs grin

CollieandPup Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:49

hello lovely ladies.

Bar and grill sounds like a good option although never been. Is there parking near? ....Although debating the train if it's so close to the station. Or Browns sounds ok? Leeds people, what's best?

Think jamies would probably be busy on a Saturday and I think it's hard to linger in wagamama.

I'm easy for times, not travelling too far. What about those people travelling further? What time would suit you best?

PV you should come, having an ickle baby to coo over would be lovely! Can you leave booking your tickets till closer to the time and see how you both are? Or are the tickets cheap enough to risk using if on the day you're not up to it? <chants come come come>

orange tis a Shame it's a bit far and so close to your EDD, but we must def have another meet!

wiw I WISH our next meet could be at yours grin

yrmotb ohhh 3 courses -is there any other way???? <2nd pig emoticon>

PrettyVacant1 Sun 31-Jul-11 10:57:53

No can do now I'm afraid.
Hospital have moved my date so it will be the week before.
Even though I'm stoopidly naive wonderwoman, I really don't think it would be possible.
Sorry sad

Minnie74 Sun 31-Jul-11 15:08:54

There is some parking nearish the station for the Bar and Grill (NCP) and there is good parking in The Light which is where Browns is. Bar and Grill is closer to the station. Either sounds fab to me x

Youremindmeofthebabe Tue 02-Aug-11 09:51:59

Ditto either place and fine on the time x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now