Talk

Advanced search

Just had 20 week scan, all good but just a question...

(13 Posts)
diddygirl Mon 25-Jul-11 16:11:49

I didn't want to find out the sex of the baby but when we came out of the room my husband kept saying he was sure it's a boy because he could see the swollocks (his words!) Is it possible for an untrained eye to see the testicles? I already have a DD and am really not bothered what I have next time but now my husband has put this in my head when all I really want is a surprise. I wish he'd have kept his thoughts to himself!!

Thanks

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Mon 25-Jul-11 16:27:33

I was sure I saw 'swollocks' wink on a friend's scan photo: she had a girl...

Without seeing your pictures it's hard to say though obviously smile

bundle Mon 25-Jul-11 16:29:06

with a girl it is commonly known as a hamburger

he is talking swallocks ;-)

Isthreetoomany Mon 25-Jul-11 16:47:45

I didn't think it was usually possible for an untrained eye to tell?
We wanted to know with DD,and the sonographer showed us on screen, but we were not looking at the external bits, it was internal - i.e. the sonographer was pointing out DD's ovaries.

diddygirl Mon 25-Jul-11 22:11:36

I think I'll try to put his comments out of my head. I asked if it was a hamburger and he just burst out laughing and said he just saw two circles. Grrrr!!!

MintChocAddict Mon 25-Jul-11 22:21:23

BOTH DH and I spotted VERY definite swollocks on 16 week scan as DS was showing them off for all the world to see. Very hard to miss even to our untrained eyes! We didn't say anything at the time to Sonographer as she was a trainee. Think she was lingering a bit longer over areas than normal and being very thorough, hence the chance to spot the boy bits. Different Sonographer confirmed boy when we asked at 20 week scan.

If you didn't spot anything then I'd definitely put it out your head.

Reallea Mon 25-Jul-11 22:49:16

I recognised our DS was a boy because I very very clearly saw a scrotum without having it pointed out, ds had his legs up like he was having a nappy changed and the scan came in at that angle. It wasnt two balls it was just an unmistakable scrotum. I couldn't see a penis even when the sonographer pointed to the screen. Two circles sounds like it could have been something else.

PoppysMom Tue 26-Jul-11 04:15:27

I saw that we were having a boy before the sonographer said it. So yes, an untrained eye can see it, but I'd put it out of your head smile

apricotears Tue 26-Jul-11 05:47:44

I think that yes, an untrained eye can see; well both DH and I saw instantly. At our 20 week scan, the sonographer was 'lingering' in that area. DH and I shot a look to one another as soon as we saw that area... when we asked the sonographer, he confirmed yes- was definitely a little boy in there! It was quite obvious even to us who had no idea what we were supposed to be looking for!

Iggly Tue 26-Jul-11 07:57:30

Well in our scan (last week), DH thought it was a boy but at the end when the sonographer had a proper look, he confirmed it was a girl grin

With DS it was clear but only because the sonographer scanned at a particular angle then pointed it all out.

edwinbear Tue 26-Jul-11 08:23:07

At our 20 week scan we saw two circles, which the sonographer then showed us were ovaries and we were having a girl.

mrspear Tue 26-Jul-11 08:25:31

At our scan DS was facing us with legs open even though i forgot my glasses i could tell it was a boy!

diddygirl Tue 26-Jul-11 19:24:15

Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now