Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Temperature: Please advise

(5 Posts)
Renaissance227 Mon 25-Jul-11 14:28:13

At the moment I'm 27+1 and have occasionally been having hot flushes but not often enough to pick up on, but several times yesterday I kept feeling very hot for about 20 minutes each time then back to normal for half an hour or so, then hot again! Today I have been the same at work.
I don't have anything to take my temperature with so I have no idea what it is when I am going through a hot few minutes.
Is this normal?

Moodykat Mon 25-Jul-11 14:45:49

I don't know any official advice but I know that I tend to have hot flushes, and have had all through pregnancy! I even took my temperature last night as I was SO hot! It was only 35.6 so clearly nothing wrong!
Not sure if its normal so don't take my word for it!

Renaissance227 Mon 25-Jul-11 14:46:36

As long as I'm not the only one I won't worry!
Thank you MoodyKat.

Oeisha Mon 25-Jul-11 22:02:18

Get a digital thermometer and test yourself. If you have a temp you should seek advice (NHS direct, GP etc). Remember to not take you temp within 1/2h of being in bath/shower or eating...it will skew the result.
Sounds just like hot flushes to me though...

Reallea Mon 25-Jul-11 22:50:37

Get a digital themomer that goes in the ear, you'll only have to buy one when the baby comes anyway....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now