Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ELCS - best consultant

(6 Posts)
mojocat Mon 25-Jul-11 13:53:33

Hi everyone, I just found out Im expecting DC2 and am looking for a private consultant with excellent CS skills. I had an EMCS from DC1 which left an ugly scar and was hoping to rectify that through an ELCS with DC2. Does anyone have CS experience with private consultants who can vouch for excellent stitching up skills??

I am thinking of Guy Thorpe Beeston (C&W) OR Dr T G Teoh (Lindo Wing). Portland is too far for me, otherwise have also heard good things about Donald Gibb. Any thoughts/experiences to share would be fantastic!! Thank you smile

mojocat Mon 25-Jul-11 16:00:59

Noticed there is a member called BeverlyHills who raves about Guy Thorpe Beeston in a copy and paste manner in so many threads... looks abit fishy... making me apprensive about choosing him now...

BellaBells Mon 25-Jul-11 16:58:24

Dr Teoh is my consultant at St Marys and I have been booked for a ELCS on 9/9/11. He's been great so far but unfortunately he is away (can't remember exact dates) on my scheduled date and a few weeks either side so maybe call his secretary to get exact dates and that may help you with your decision. He is also very strict about only doing ELCS a week in advance, 39 weeks. Hope this helps!

mojocat Mon 25-Jul-11 17:05:00

Who will be doing your Csection then? I have called to check and he is available around my EDD. Have you heaard much about his 'workmanship'?? Thanks BellaBells

BellaBells Mon 25-Jul-11 17:16:16

I haven't heard anything about his cutting and stitching skills, although I have been trying to find someone who does! I was actually going to start a post like yours but then I got the phone call telling me he will be away so didn't bother. I haven't been told who will be performing it other then it's a female. I am back at St Marys on Wednesday so will ask and let you know. This is my first cs and do admit I am worried about the scaring, of course getting a healthy baby is more important but it irritates me when ppl make me out to be some vial, self obsessed bit*h! Sorry for the rant

mojocat Tue 26-Jul-11 10:59:53

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong in wanting minimal scarring... A healthy baby need not come at the expense of a horrible scar, so dont feel guilty about it!! It seems Dr Teoh does not do initial consultations... I dont understand why not when I am willing to pay for it rather than merely asking for a free meet-and-greet. How does one commit when you dont get a chance to even first see the consultant who is eventually going to deliver your baby??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now