Talk

Advanced search

Feels like baby is twitching or has some kind of tic??

(13 Posts)
HPonEverything Mon 25-Jul-11 11:28:56

My baby has been an active little mover and shaker throughout, but over the past 2 weeks (I'm currently 30wks) I get a really strange ticking sensation on the left hand side, not really near where the general kicking area seems to be. It's usually quite a gentle ticking but occasionally it's lots of rapid strong ones. I don't know if it's my body doing something weird, or if it's the baby (I told my DH the baby was ticking and his response was "what time is it?" hmm.)

Is this what hiccups feels like (i.e. the baby, not mine!)? I'm just worried that the baby is epileptic or something confused

SingingSands Mon 25-Jul-11 11:32:06

Yes, that sounds like baby hiccups! My ds got them every day, and continued to for several weeks after he was born!

LizzyMathsWhizzy Mon 25-Jul-11 11:32:31

That sounds like hiccups to me :-)

outthere Mon 25-Jul-11 11:33:47

Sounds very much like hiccups to me! Mine felt just like a little muscle spasm or twitch that you sometimes get (like when your eye twitches) but strange because they were coming from inside.

What felt really odd was when DS was really low down and I kept feeling his hiccups in my bum!!!! confused

pixiestix Mon 25-Jul-11 11:35:13

Definitely hiccups! DD got them every day for weeks. So cute!

ShowOfHands Mon 25-Jul-11 11:35:28

Roffle.

It's hiccups. Rhythmic jerking, especially lower down in your abdomen if the baby is head down. I always felt them on the left, particularly in an evening. DD was a real hiccuper.

Meglet Mon 25-Jul-11 11:39:42

Probably hiccups. Mine both got them on a daily basis. It was cute at first, then not so cute when they got really big and did it against my bladder!

HPonEverything Mon 25-Jul-11 11:40:16

Thanks all, so reassuring! I will now focus on finding them cute rather than weird and worrying smile

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Mon 25-Jul-11 11:43:52

I thought it was a fit till I realised it was hiccups blush. To be fair didn't feel them with dd but ds is breech and feel it loads

CrazyAlien06 Mon 25-Jul-11 12:54:55

I ve had the same thing! so cute to think that they are hiccups :D Can't wait to meet my little one and find out if it's a boy or a girl smile I am 30 weeks today!

hubbahubster Mon 25-Jul-11 15:52:09

Hiccups smile my DS had mammoth sessions as a bump and still does now he's a week old! Very cute.

superjobee Mon 25-Jul-11 16:06:20

hicapops smile used to scare me with DD till i was told after she was orn it'd have been hiccups. currently 26 weeks with DS and he's been getting them the past 2/3 weeks its nice to know what they are!

lovemybabyboy Mon 25-Jul-11 17:15:18

Yes...was also going to say hiccups! its such a strange sensation grin!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now