Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

When do you know you are ready for your 2nd DC

(4 Posts)
sassyminder Sun 24-Jul-11 23:30:56

I have a 4 year old. Always said didn't want another one but just today couldnt stop thinking about it. problem is, money is a bit tight (it was worse 4 years ago and we managed to improve A LOT) and I have few issues with DH (again it was so much worse before my DD)
So...

madhattershouse Sun 24-Jul-11 23:32:53

When you want one, you want one ...that's it! Money, relationships etc have a tendancy not to be as all pervasive as the desire for another child!

mumnosbest Tue 26-Jul-11 10:27:12

I had mine about 3 yrs apart, as the 1st started nursery. It meant I had some time for myself and the new baby. Now my 2nd is nearly 4 and I'm pg with my next. for me that was just right and the age gap is a good one. Money's always tight but you always manage smile

happywheezer Tue 26-Jul-11 10:32:13

Mine are roughly 3 years apart too. I wasn't sure that I wanted another either being an only child and loving my son too much!
I got pregnant with DS2 quickly and it was a shock that took 6 months I think to get over. DS2 is here, and I love him. I have no regrets about having another baby, despite it being hard with 2. I have two boys so money is not particually an issue, it costs a lot in nappies and milk!
But it's lovely having 2, I might even have a third!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: