Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do you know you are ready for your 2nd DC

(4 Posts)
sassyminder Sun 24-Jul-11 23:30:56

I have a 4 year old. Always said didn't want another one but just today couldnt stop thinking about it. problem is, money is a bit tight (it was worse 4 years ago and we managed to improve A LOT) and I have few issues with DH (again it was so much worse before my DD)
So...

madhattershouse Sun 24-Jul-11 23:32:53

When you want one, you want one ...that's it! Money, relationships etc have a tendancy not to be as all pervasive as the desire for another child!

mumnosbest Tue 26-Jul-11 10:27:12

I had mine about 3 yrs apart, as the 1st started nursery. It meant I had some time for myself and the new baby. Now my 2nd is nearly 4 and I'm pg with my next. for me that was just right and the age gap is a good one. Money's always tight but you always manage smile

happywheezer Tue 26-Jul-11 10:32:13

Mine are roughly 3 years apart too. I wasn't sure that I wanted another either being an only child and loving my son too much!
I got pregnant with DS2 quickly and it was a shock that took 6 months I think to get over. DS2 is here, and I love him. I have no regrets about having another baby, despite it being hard with 2. I have two boys so money is not particually an issue, it costs a lot in nappies and milk!
But it's lovely having 2, I might even have a third!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now