Talk

Advanced search

Swimwear

(15 Posts)
Crosshair Sun 24-Jul-11 21:36:08

Hello,

Im off on holiday next month(will be 21 weeks) and need something to wear in the pool/on the beach. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to buy and where to buy it?

PinkFondantFancy Sun 24-Jul-11 22:07:32

I would just NOT recommend Next maternity tankinis - I bought one and wore it at most 5 times before the elastane went in the back of the top. I looked after it properly i.e. didn't leave it soaking in chlorine so it was pretty disappointing! I'm onto a Matalan maternity cossie now, fingers crossed it is better....

Crosshair Sun 24-Jul-11 22:11:11

Thanks for the tip, I havent actually been near a swim suit since being a child so feeling abit lost looking at them. Il check out Matalan's website. smile

melliebobs Mon 25-Jul-11 08:21:58

i was just going to say NEXT have all the autumn stuff in and when i was looking yday they had alot of nice looking actual swim costumes as opposed to tankinis. I've had next swimwear before (ok not maternity) and never had a problem. 3 years later mine's still going strong

tiredandgrumpy Mon 25-Jul-11 08:27:21

I would also say to avoid Next. My maternity tankini disintegrated after only a few uses, even though I followed care instructions. In my first 2 pregnancies I had a fabulous tankini from Jojomamanbebe. A little while ago, so can't be sure current quality as good, but worth a try.

Iggly Mon 25-Jul-11 08:36:09

I got a nice costume from jojomaman last year. I don't usually wear costumes but when pregnant dont want bump on show (I don't know why!)

CrazyAlien06 Mon 25-Jul-11 08:46:52

Matalan was where I got my plain black maternity swimsuit from :0)

MissRee Mon 25-Jul-11 10:10:34

I just bought a NEXT swimsuit in the sale reduced to £6! It's loooooovely smile

Crosshair Mon 25-Jul-11 11:35:30

Thanks for the replies. smile

Davinaaddict Mon 25-Jul-11 11:44:10

I would recommend having a look on eBay too - they had loads of brand new with tags ones when I bought mine. smile

ceebie Mon 25-Jul-11 11:44:32

I got a turquoise Emma Jane maternity swimsuit I adore from Everyday Maternity.com.

ceebie Mon 25-Jul-11 11:45:58

PS meant to say, it looks from the photos that it would only fit in the first trimester, but it still fitted me when I was 9 months and the size of an elephant.

LB18 Mon 25-Jul-11 13:41:35

I've got an Emma Jane tankini - seems to be washing and lasting well. As a guide if ordering online sizing is true to pre-pregnancy size. I'm 6.5 months at the moment - fits nicely now and seems to have scope to stretch a good way yet despite looking like a size 12 when washed and hung on the line.

LizzyMathsWhizzy Mon 25-Jul-11 13:46:03

There's a nice range of maternity cossies and tankinis on figleaves.com. I just bought a tankini in their sale, and the sizing seems pretty accurate. Looking forward to trying it out tonight!

AlpinePony Mon 25-Jul-11 15:54:19

My Next one, black & white, turned to grey mush after just 3 washes. sad I've seen some nice stuff in the sale on crave maternity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now