Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Good value maternity/nursing nightwear

(15 Posts)
PinkFondantFancy Sun 24-Jul-11 19:14:22

I'm looking for a nightie or shortie PJs that I can also use for nursing. Any ideas where I can get some from? All the ones I've found so far seem quite expensive at around £30.....

fizzypigs Sun 24-Jul-11 19:44:37

I am just using ordinary pj bottoms and nursing vests. Seems to work and cheaper than maternity / nursing ones!

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sun 24-Jul-11 19:47:23

I got a two pack of bf nighties from mothercare but can't remember how much as it was nearly 4years ago.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sun 24-Jul-11 19:56:28

Hi pink, I got two cheap nighties from Peacocks at £6 each, quite long in the length and with a button down chest. Not maternity but I just bought them in a larger size or two. I also couldn't justify paying £30 for fancy pjs with buttons on. Failing that, try ebay? I'll try and find a link to my peacocks ones...

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sun 24-Jul-11 19:59:21

There is this here

They don't have what I have on there anymore.

PinkFondantFancy Sun 24-Jul-11 20:03:35

fixxy would ribbed button down vests do the same sort of job as nursing vests?

coconuts oooh Peacocks is one of the few places I haven't tried yet, good thinking! I've been trying to find button down nighties that aren't even necessarily maternity, but long enough for a bit of modesty! I'm sure they were everywhere before I actually needed one!

piprabbit Sun 24-Jul-11 20:07:03

Something like this with buttons down the front worked for me.

BikeRunSki Sun 24-Jul-11 20:13:38

Mothercare do twin pack maternity/nursing nighties for about £15.

Steeplearningcurve Sun 24-Jul-11 20:15:55

I got nighties which unbuttoned far enough for me to feed from primark, about £4 each, just bought the largest size. They weren't very pretty but during the first few weeks i didn't really care!

fizzypigs Sun 24-Jul-11 20:55:17

Can't see why not! It does seem like a lot of maternity stuff is overpriced and some of it is not necessary! I'd have went with oversized nightdresses but I am a stickler for pjs wink

lolajane2009 Mon 25-Jul-11 00:06:32

i got a 4.50 nighty from primark that is non maternity

Orbinator Mon 25-Jul-11 00:10:40

I bought these a week or so ago and they are soooo comfy. There are others on the site too if you just search 'Nursing'.
www.laredoute.co.uk/maternity-and-nursing-pyjamas.htm?ProductId=324167286&FiltreCouleur=3241672860002&t=6

mumnosbest Tue 26-Jul-11 10:23:36

Primark is the place to go. I got my last ones from there and intend to go again nearer the time. Not maternity just buttons down front.

AKMD Tue 26-Jul-11 10:37:20

I got mine from BHS - normal nighties and PJs but with buttons down the front. The prices of anything marked 'maternity' or 'nursing' are laughable.

TransatlanticCityGirl Tue 26-Jul-11 13:08:15

don't bother with the maternity wear, just pick a normal nightie with buttons down the front or that can easily slip off the shoulder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now