Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Safe to start telling people after a scan at 10 weeks?

(4 Posts)
MrsCog Sat 23-Jul-11 18:14:47

Hi everyone, Just looking for a bit of advice.

Basically I got my '12 week' scan through today and it actually isn't until 13+2, which is fine, I understand that the scan isn't always at 12 weeks. But the problem is that I'm desparate to start telling close people (currently 7+1) and was a bit disallusioned at waiting another 6 weeks.

We're lucky in that we could afford to pay for a scan, and I'm wondering if we paid for a scan at 10 weeks, if all looked ok, whether it would be relatively safe (I know there is a risk of something going wrong at any point) to start telling people - probably not everyone, but close friends/family.

Does anyone have any experience/thoughts/knowledge on this?

Thanks

RickGhastley Sat 23-Jul-11 18:20:12

With this PG I had scans at 7 and 9/10 weeks (due to bleeds) but decided to wait till 12 wks just to be on the safe side. They can see a lot more at 12 weeks and measure the nuchal fold which can be an indication of Downs. I actually would have preferred not to tell anyone but I'm the size of a house!

I was probably a bit cautious cos I lost my last PG at around 9/10 weeks and it was heartbreaking to have to tell people close to me that I was not PG any more sad

I hope all goes well for you and many congrats!!

Thandeka Sat 23-Jul-11 18:59:57

After seeing a HB on scan at 8 weeks your chance of MC drops to 2%. so you'd probably be ok.

kri5ty Mon 25-Jul-11 07:26:52

Its all down to how you feel about telling people, i had scans at 6, 7 and 13 weeks due to very bad pains. We decided to tell people after my secnd scan when we saw the heartbeat... We figured that (heaven forbid) anything happened, it would have happened regardless if we told people or not.

I would have just told my close friends and family though if could (rather than all the people at work), but due tot he nature of my job, its obvious when someone is pregnant as youre not allowed to carry out your normal duties.

Above all congrats and enjoy telling people!! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now