Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I eat M&S meringue nests?

(8 Posts)
worrytoomuch76 Sat 23-Jul-11 12:26:09

They're factory, mass produced right? Is there a risk of a bad egg affecting me or 18wk old bump? I would never eat a homemade or deli meringue because of the risk from undercooked eggs but a same shape & size as a million others, with a used by date, from the shelf nest?
I dream of Pavlova.

schobe Sat 23-Jul-11 12:29:29

Yes. Your nn is appropriate! Don't worry.

Misty9 Sat 23-Jul-11 13:31:32

I hope so - I had two yesterday with fresh fruit, clotted cream ice-cream AND double cream....mmmm smile Oh, and I'm 33+5

allhailtheaubergine Sat 23-Jul-11 13:39:04

As long as you're not planning to make a raw prawn pavlova I should think you'll be fine grin.

wompoopigeon Sat 23-Jul-11 20:10:09

I'm pretty sure that the packet will say they are made with pasteurised egg (you could double check) and that kills salmonella, so personally I'd have one.
Om nom nom.

TransatlanticCityGirl Sat 23-Jul-11 20:12:33

Yes, not only is it fine, but it's actually ok to eat raw british eggs (with the red lion stamp) too. Salmonella has been virtually eradicated in the UK.

worrytoomuch76 Sun 24-Jul-11 09:05:40

Thanks all! Raspberry, strawberry & double cream Pavlova (or is that Eton Mess?) here I come!
Misty9 - you are a girl after my own heart!

apricotears Sun 24-Jul-11 11:04:26

Oh my goodness, I miss these so much! I lived in the UK for a few years, but have been back home in Oz for a few years now. I have not found any meringues that match up to the M & S ones! Yummy, yummy, yummy! Enjoy them, I am jealous/druelling here on the other side of the world envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now