Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal for the baby to prefer one side of your uterus at around 15 weeks?

(5 Posts)
milkyways Fri 22-Jul-11 23:38:18

I've recently started feeling regular movement with hopefully my second baby.

I am worried because I only ever feel rolls and kicking on the lower right side of my stomach and the baby never moves over to the left side. I find it strange because at this stage, the baby should have enough room to move around everywhere, but s/he is staying wedged on the right side. Even when I lay on my left, s/he won't move to the left - isn't that impossible due to gravity? I have my 16 week appointment with the midwife in two weeks, so will be asking her aswell, but just wanting some advice or experience from here aswell. Why would the baby just stay on one side at this early stage?

ShowOfHands Fri 22-Jul-11 23:46:16

Babies do have preferred positions. They often like to face the placenta for example and depending on where the placenta is, you might not feel them when they're in certain places. I had an anterior placenta and could only feel dd on the right side until about 24 weeks when she was bigger.

And as they're in water, gravity is a wee bit different. DD much preferred the right side, even if I was lying on my left side. She just floated around where she was happy.

milkyways Fri 22-Jul-11 23:54:34

Thanks for the reassurance ShowOfHands. Although I haven't had a scan yet, I am using a doppler quite regularly, and I can hear the whooshing sound of the placenta on the right side, so maybe that's why s/he likes it there.

OrangeGloss Sat 23-Jul-11 07:48:38

Mine definitely prefers my right side, I've never really felt any kicks on my left and I'm 33+6 now, but think well it must be comfy there smile

Xavielli Sat 23-Jul-11 08:05:17

Yes! So much so that the stretch marks on my left side go about 3inches higher than the right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now