Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bloody stupid contractions

(10 Posts)
Moodykat Fri 22-Jul-11 22:01:44

All day I've been having contractions on and off, about every half hour or so. Tonight I had 45 minutes of them coming every 5 minutes and being rather painful so I phoned MIL (childcare). She's just left with DS but they seem to have stopped and now I'm crying and really upset that DS has gone!
Just need a slap really, and a bloody good moan. Or ideally someone to tell me its ok and I'll have a baby tomorrow!

Doodlez Fri 22-Jul-11 23:53:15

Just spotted this - are you still having them or have they really stopped now?

WinterLover Sat 23-Jul-11 07:44:06

Moody how you getting on? MIne are doing the same, they've been every hour to hour and half but then as soon as I lay down to go to bed they stop hmm

Moodykat Sat 23-Jul-11 09:15:57

They all stopped! Made the most of not having DS and have had a lovely lie in but am going to go for a walk soon as have woken up with tummy ache! Fingers crossed!
Any news your end?

WinterLover Sat 23-Jul-11 09:18:58

2 cramps since I got up. Going to take dog for a walk then scrub the kitchen floor grin

Fingers crossed they start up again for you

stottiecake Sat 23-Jul-11 09:43:27

good luck!

I had ds2 on tuesday after waters broke sunday morning. From sunday night I had contractions on and off but the mws said were not strong or regular enough for me to be in active labour. They reluctantly admitted me on monday night to begin induction tuesday morning (as my waters had broken 48 hrs previous;ly) They hooked me up to a monitor to see what the 'tightenings' (bloody contractions I'm telling you) were doing and I was having 2 every ten mins. mw said they need to be stronger lets see if your cervix is ripe enough for syntocinon drip. turns out I was 10 cms and ready to go - baby arrived within the hour.

So what I'm trying to say is mine didn't follow the usual pattern and the mws didn't think I was in labour so you could be doing more than yoiu know!!

All the best - hope you have your baby soon x

stottiecake Sat 23-Jul-11 09:44:12

'active' labour - i mean established - or is it the same thing?

Moodykat Sat 23-Jul-11 10:03:49

Congratulations on DS2! Baby was fully engaged at MW appointment on Tuesday and she said she thought he'd be here soon so keeping fingers crossed! Even had sex this morning to try and get things going again!

Renaissance227 Mon 25-Jul-11 10:23:11

Any news yet Moodykat?

Moodykat Mon 25-Jul-11 14:25:11

Nothing over the weekend but did lots of walking! Today have a few period type cramps and a definite increase in watery type discharge (sorry TMI!) but went in a couple of weeks ago as thought my waters had gone and was told I'd probably just wet myself so not getting my hopes up!
Am going to go to bed for a bit and see what happens!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, its my second so you'd think i'd bloody know! Anyone else got any encouraging news?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now