Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I reeally want a glass of wine

(15 Posts)
mistressploppy Fri 22-Jul-11 21:18:01

Just a tiny one.

I don't NEED it. I just want it.

Am 10wks. If I waited 'til after 12wks, that would be better, wouldn't it?

dinkystinky Fri 22-Jul-11 21:20:29

Or you could get some alcohol free wine and pretend its wine grin

nevergoogle Fri 22-Jul-11 21:21:09

there's none left, i've had it all. sorry. grin

FrumpyPumpy Fri 22-Jul-11 21:23:05

Personally I'd have one but can't advise you to do that. It's your decision. Alcohol free wine is rank, but have you tried blue becks? Tastes pretty ok fir 0.05% alc.

Congrats btw

CBear6 Fri 22-Jul-11 21:23:24

Asda do a nice alcohol free Rose, youcant even tell it's got no alcohol in (aside from not getting that nice wine glow) because it tastes just the same.

thisisyesterday Fri 22-Jul-11 21:25:07

i would have one too. just a little one.

Creamandcustard Fri 22-Jul-11 21:27:12

I would also just have one. Like most things, the craving will probably mean the reality is a bit disappointing. But it is obviously only your choice.

Sometimes, I just have a mouthful or two of DH's wine and that's enough most of the time to stop me wanting more.

lollystix Fri 22-Jul-11 21:28:26

I've just had a wee one. Did with all 3 of my others too (ds1 didn't realise I was pregs till 10 weeks and had drank solidly through that whole time). All mine fine btw.

wompoopigeon Fri 22-Jul-11 21:30:23

I have about one a week. A small one.
I tend to find I only really want an inch or so, i don't normally feel like glugging much.
Can't tell you what to do, but it's what I did in my last pg (Inc in first trimester) and expect to continue in this one.

mistressploppy Fri 22-Jul-11 21:31:56

Comforting words, thanks folks grin

PrincessJenga Fri 22-Jul-11 23:00:03

I second the vote for Becks Blue.

Or sparkling elderflower in a wine glass (it has to be in a wine glass! Psychological!)

Although, for the sake of honesty I should admit that I'm enjoying a tiny glass of sauvignon blanc tonight (but am 39+5 so a bit desperate!)

lollystix Fri 22-Jul-11 23:28:04

My friend was booked in for section with breech one. Advice from mw on day before was to have very large glass of wine that nightgrin

RitaMorgan Fri 22-Jul-11 23:29:40

Beck Blue is pretty decent stuff.

I'd have a little glass too - maybe a spritzer with plenty of soda.

TheSecondComing Fri 22-Jul-11 23:30:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PipPipPip Fri 22-Jul-11 23:46:56

Just have one!! Honestly, you will be absolutely fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now