Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long did you have to stay in following birth (with induction)???

(18 Posts)
Sewmuchtodo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:04:27

DC3 is due soon.

I had to stay 6days with DC1 due to blood loss, clotting, transfusions and high bp (was induced for pre-eclampsia).

I was 4 days with DC2, not so much bleeding and no induction, but high bp as had pre-eclampsia again.

Hoping for a quick turn around this time as being induced at 37wks to try and cut off the pre-eclampsia before it takes hold.

Can I ask how long did you have to stay in following birth (with induction)???

Memoo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:06:15

My induction of Dc3 took 4 days to get going and ended up having to have a section so was actually in for over a week.

RandomMess Fri 22-Jul-11 21:07:37

shortest was 6 hours, told them I refused to go on the postnatal ward.

They were a bit grumpy about me going out at 11pm at night - this was in the heatwave of 2003 in August - it was still 20 degrees out there!

One of them I self dishcharged on the 2nd night because I couldn't sleep, another one I was in 12 hours as it took that long for the paed to sign dc out due to staff shortages.

breatheslowly Fri 22-Jul-11 21:07:53

4 nights before, 2 after. With the benefit of hindsight it wasn't really long enough after as I really wasn't well. But the environment is not conducive to recuperating anyway.

deemented Fri 22-Jul-11 21:08:50

i was in for about a week, but actually out the day after my induction - he was born at 9.43pm and i was released at 4pm the next day.

londonmackem Fri 22-Jul-11 21:09:31

Born at 12.30am out lunchtime next day. Had epidural and ventouse so had to wait to see bladder was OK after catheter. Had stripped my bed though so they knew I was off!

DandyGilver Fri 22-Jul-11 21:10:40

Born 9.30 Saturday night out Thursday pm. They still wanted me to stay and get breastfeeding established but I was desperate to get out!

Sewmuchtodo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:15:20

Thanks guys. Hate the idea of being stuck there when DH and DC's are at home :-(

Oh the stress (and hormones) x

bagelmonkey Fri 22-Jul-11 21:21:04

Went in Monday afternoon. Induction started 5:30pm Tuesday, DD born 8:25. Allowed home late Friday evening. They wanted DD's weight and bilirubin levels to be ok before they'd let us leave. I would've had a breakdown if I'd been in there any longer.

3rdtimesacharm Fri 22-Jul-11 21:24:31

Started arm induction at midday. dc 3 out at 8.30pm. Home by 1.15am.

Good luck.

Katietatie123 Fri 22-Jul-11 21:38:34

One night before, one night during, and one night after (DS born at 5pm.) Good luck!

imnotyourmother Fri 22-Jul-11 21:40:31

About 4 hours

dycey Fri 22-Jul-11 22:04:21

After giving birth - midday - was kept in overnight and allowed home the following afternoon...

ksaunders Fri 22-Jul-11 22:05:34

24 hrs. Induction at 38 weeks due to pre-eclampsia, no problems during birth. DS born at 8am, they kept me in overnight for monitoring my bp and to ensure I didn't develop eclampsia but my bp was fine throughout and we were discharged the following day. Good Luck

Bumpsadaisie Fri 22-Jul-11 22:11:28

The induction took a while to get going but she was born at 9.40am on a Tuesday and we went home about 10.30am on the Weds. So 24 hours.

I'd had epidural and catheter and episiotomy, so they wouldnt let me out till my legs were back to normal and I was weeing normally.

NoWayNoHow Fri 22-Jul-11 22:15:33

Was induced after 27hrs labour (60secs between contractions but no dilation). DS was born 5:20 on the Friday, and I was discharged Sunday afternoon due to bloodloss.

shinydiscoball Fri 22-Jul-11 23:07:14

Induced Thursday evening, c-section Sunday morning, home Tuesday afternoon. I also had epidural and catheter as well as GA, so had to wait until legs worked again and was able to pee OK.

foxylady123 Sat 23-Jul-11 08:35:13

Was in for a week previous to having DD as waters went.
When they finally had space for me on the labour ward and induced me DD was born at 8:13pm.
They said as long as i'd been for a wee and everything was ok i could leave the next day.
Ended up staying in for support with breastfeeding anyway.

But as it's your 3rd if there's no trouble can't see why they would keep you.

I'm pg again and plan to be out asap with this one.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now