Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PLEASE vote for the Obstetric Cholestasis Support helpline on here

(5 Posts)
MaryBS Fri 22-Jul-11 21:01:52

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/blog/cause-of-the-month-shortlist-2011/

If OC Support are the cause of the month, they'll get £200. I had OC during both of my pregnancies.

You'll need to register before you vote, but it won't commit you to anything!

MaryBS Fri 22-Jul-11 21:02:49

link

grrd Fri 22-Jul-11 21:04:43

hey, we had the same idea smile hopefully OC Support will win.. it is looking quite close.

MaryBS Fri 22-Jul-11 21:06:34

Ooo, sorry I missed your post! I HAD got one going in AIBU but for some reason its disappeared/been deleted!

audrey01 Sun 31-Jul-11 01:18:36

I have just registered and voted. For anyone else interested, here is how to do it:

"There is a website you may have heard of called Easy Fundraising. This month OC Support UK is one of their shortlisted charities to win £200. This prize would pay for the helpline to run for 18 months. To win, we need votes! The voting closes on Sunday 31st July at midday.

Obstetric Cholestasis is a hideous condition for the mother to have but moreover, can be dangerous to the baby and sadly some babies do die when bile acids cross the placenta to the baby. In short, the liver reacts to the increased pregnancy hormones and cannot process the bile properly. This sends increased bile acids round the blood and if not correctly managed can cause the baby to die. There are also many unknowns about the condition.

If anyone would be happy to vote on behalf of all mummies who have had or might develop the condition then pls follow the links below. The advice that OC Supports gives literally does help save the lives of many babies and supports women through a hugely difficult time every year.

1. Go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ and register as a supporter of OC Support UK.

2. Log out of easyfundraising.

3. Log back in. You will now see that it says you are supporting OC Support UK, but that does NOT mean that you have voted!

4. Click on 'Blog' (near the top of the page).

5. Scroll down the page a little to find 'Cause of the Month Shortlist July 2011' and click on that heading.

6. Vote for OC Support UK.

You can un tick the box so you don't receive email updates from them, I have been registered for a while and have not received promotional emails from them.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU if you do vote for OC Support UK. "

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now